Friday, March 8, 2013

New wallpaper...

I love wallpapers and for a long time I've been wanting to wallpaper my girly room upstairs...


But my husband kept saying "no"... putting up wallpaper will backfire and decrease our home's value.

And it is true... your specific taste can be a deterrent to potential buyers


Too girly, too pink, to shabby, too old, too much stuff...


But really, who's living here now... some future unknown buyers or me? That's how I feel.


And why do we have to live our life afraid of living it surrounded with what we love, or like to see done, just because someone else might not like it, or alter the value of our home? That, to me, is living by someone else's rules...


 And that's not fair, right? ;)

So I found some gorgeous rose wallpaper the other day and brought some home... I had never wallpapered a wall in my entire life, so I proceeded with some caution, and a bit of trepidation ;) 



Oh but only one wall, because I didn't know how it was going to turn out...;)

I absolutely love it!

May you have a lovely weekend, everyone!