Thursday, September 16, 2010

Excerpts of my life - The enchanted Season

Autumn with its share of enchantment is almost upon us around here... we’re approaching the ever so enchanting season of all seasons: Crisp air, glowing lights, pumpkin bread and witches’ spells; not to mention the lovely Chrysanthemums in the garden, which soon will be delighting us with myriads of lovely burnt tangerine flowers for another year.
Everything around here is certainly predicting FALL. Can you not feel it too in your part of the world wherever you are? Ah yes, the crisp air reminds me that it is almost the end of September, and soon some super special guests will be gracing our home for a few days... I promise to share more on that later!

The magical evenings of September have me in the mood for pumpkin pies in the oven... Actually, I've been craving cheesecake all week! It all began with a back issue of Country Living Magazine and the most scrumptiolicious recipe for cheesecake ever there!

Apple-walnut cheesecake!

You mix all ingredients, put your dish in the oven and what you'll get is pure heavens! Fresh apples, walnuts, brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon combined with cream cheese! Can you think of anything more delicious than this?

Delicious September got me also in the mood for candle lit evenings, and spooky stories. Talking about spooky stories, a very curious letter was delivered to me yesterday via black ravens! I opened it up, and all it said was, “I shall arrive under the spell of the Hunter’s Moon”.

I am wondering if anyone knows exactly what this meant. Well, I guess I already have an idea... you see, the most intriguing sparks were filling the night sky this evening as the sun was setting, and they gave me a clue... the witching season is upon us!! That most be it! Which means, I should be visited by one of then witches real soon!

I'm hoping that whomever witch decide to visit would be the most kindred spirit of them all!

I'm already gathering my herbs for our spells and getting my imagination in gear for the fun filled days ahead... I promise I won't forget to share my mead with you goddesses and kindred spirits blogger friends! Yes, it is that magical time of the year again, and I have one or two stories of the “sappy” variety already boiling in my cauldron of ideas... so, I’m hoping you won’t mind the extra sappiness you’ll be seeing around here during the upcoming weeks, in preparation for Halloween!

By the way, have you notice something lovely and wonderful sitting on my table yet? I've been wanting to draw your attention to it! I'm talking about my new precious little white vase--So perfect for a single rose bouquet! This little vase was part of the gift I received a little while ago from some very special fairies, of which I talked about here, and here, and I just love it!

The sun is bright and low in the sky, and the crisp breeze blowing across the horizon calls for some new scarves. Do you love scarves too?

I love scarves, and have two drawers filled to the brim with scarves in my closet!

Remember that Zumba class? I know some of you have asked how’s going, and oh it’s going alright! I’ve survived it and loving it too! I even got myself this totally cute jingly belly dance hip scarf with tiny gold coins that we’re suppose to use when dancing to the gypsy rhythms of Shakira’s Waka Waka song... you know how it goes:

"When you fall get up, oh oh... if you fall get up, eh eh... Tsamina mina zangalewa...Tsamina mina, eh eh.... Waka waka, eh eh...!

Something like that! Can you see me in your mind’s eye dancing in my chair as I write the lyrics? Ah yes, I’m dancing, I’m moving my hips and losing heaps of unwanted weight too!!

I’m super excited! Tee-hee!

May the creepy wonderful magical swirls of autumn dance around you. See you real soon... and don't forget to come back on Monday for another "Show Off Your Cottage Monday!

17 comments:

  1. Yes I love the fall and all it has to offer. Today I was sitting in my livingroom and saw from the window that the wind was blowing and for the first time I saw the leaves from our neighbors oak tree start to fall. Now I know that fall is right around the corner.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh another lovely post from a lovely soul! I love all your feelings about Fall and the "whitches" (as my SweetCheeks calls them-she even has a whitch pincher)>)

    That cheesecake looks wonderful..Is there any chance tht you could share the recipe (or give us a link). That looks like something wonderful that I would try!

    Hugs to you, dear lady! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are magic beautiful,dearest Cielo!!!

    You can unbelieveble great making very special,magnificent atmosphere with you stories and OMG...you fairytale photos brings me always away to a fabulous,absolutely dreamworld!!!

    Thank you SO very much for share you wonderful thoughts and you amazing spirit with all of us:-)*

    It was again one of the mostly beautiful post here and I enjoy all my time by you,my dear friend!

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Your photos are so lovely. I wanted to give you my email address it's kate482010@yahoo.com It's in the top right corner of my blog.(Just in case)Thanks....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely welcome to the Fall, the cheesecake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos - they are so lovely and romantic. I wish you a happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so enchanted by your blogs. Sometimes if the day is going kind of bad, I tell myself, "I have only one more hour until I can read Cielo's blog! Even if it is an old post, it never fails to make me happier, more myself. I love fall, witches, dancing, and scarves... so kindred spirit (or should I say sprite?) you are ready to mesmerize us again. I hope to hear more from you soon.

    --- Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Cielo! que bellas imagenes!
    Aqui esta por comenzar la primavera y no sabes lo que la espero, es mi epoca preferida. aunque el otoño tiene su misterio y lo disfruto tambien!
    Has visto como ha cambiado el uso de los blogs y los comentarios de las demas?

    besos y espero estes muy bien!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still holding on to summer Cielo! It has been actually warm still- Last year we were sweater weather already!

    Oh my that cheesecake looks yummy- will you share the recipe with us please?

    Oh and the scarf- so pretty- I absolutely cannot wear yellow though!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos and enchanting narrative. As always you spirit me away to the beauty and magic you write about! Thank you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Cielo!!!
    I've missed coming here. Your blog is always so lovely. Your just a sweetie.
    This is such a dreamy time of the year. You take care and May God bless you,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cielo,

    I enjoyed your Autumn photos. You apple walnut cheesecake looks great! You look very cheerful and happy on your last photo. Looks like you are ready for the fall indeed :-)!

    Wish you a happy weekend!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to fall. It's really nice to see the changing of colors on the leaves :) :) :) Oh, your photos...gorgeous...I kept thinking the whole time...I want my house to look like this with lovely teacups and white linens, flowers, letters on the table...etc ;) :) ) Oh, cheesecake sounds good too!!! LOVE cheesecake and baklava!! I'm going to see what I can find at a yard sale today!! Wish me luck!!! Have a lovely weekend, Cielo. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post. I think that Autumn is a magical time of the year too.

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual...another wonderful post! I so enjoy visiting you ...it's magical :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Cielo, ¡¡Que tacitas más ideales¡¡¡¡¡ y las flores, me encanta visitarte.

    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beginning my blogging journey. Stumbled upon your site and it is magical. Thank you for the beauty. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Ruthann

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.