Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Window...

It’s that time of the year again! As you can imagine, I’ve been a busy bee buzzing around here trying to find the time to fit in all my little projects... Oh there’s so much to do! So much to collect! There are oodles of tomatoes to harvest, and there are all the herbs to be dried and all the grapes from all of our five grapevines would need to be collected before the birds get to them.

Tinkerbell herself showed up in our garden the other day! She promised she’d help collect all the goodies! And she did! She was very polite and quiet, but can I share a little secret? She thinks like a fairy and acts like a fairy, but really… she’s just a gardener in disguise… I still cannot believe ‘she’ actually gardens in her Tinkerbell PJ’s, though... but really, she does!

There is also the realization that the Wheel of the Solar Seasons has turned, cycling through another year once again. And thus, I’m soaking up as much sun as possible, as I can foretell a pretty nasty and cold winter is already lurking around the corner—to bite us when we least expect it.

Oh but we shouldn't be talking of winter here, right? And who would anyway with weather as lovely as this! It is indeed divine out here in the garden, with just the right tingle of mystery and anticipation brought in by nippy autumnal evening air...

So here we are... still dining outside, eating salads from our organic garden under some magical bluish-pink skies....

The garden under the magical glow of twilight...
I’ve been cozying up my nest a bit in preparation for the upcoming season and long nights ahead... so I got new pillows and covers and I have dug out my favorite lamp from the hobbit hole down the hall under the stairs... (Truly... there’s a hobbit hole down there!)

I love this lamp. It looks so lovely here cozying up my evenings again... it looks particularly enchanting against the darkness and chill of the outside.

What is it about a window soothed by the soft light of a lamp that so enchants me? Are you like that too? Think about this: The mellifluous garden swathed in shadows and gentleness, the quietness distilled and that sense of mystery and seclusion brought in by autumn’s chilly breath, and then... the soft light on the window beckoning me; reminiscent of home and warmth and comfort and love and everything that’s good...

There is something about the quietness and beauty of these imageries I think... it’s magical! But the real magic can only happen at the right time, and in my opinion that ‘right time’ starts right with the arrival of fall... the feeling is not the same in the summer when it's hot outside and natural light aplenty. I've seen magic happen, so I know it does... it may come sudden and go by quick, but sometimes it lingers at your very window... See what I mean?

That is why I’d usually take my ‘magic’ lamp back to the hobbit hole down the hall under the stairs every spring and keep it there all through the summer until the arrival of fall; when again I would polish it and bring it back to enchant my evenings.

Remember, if you open your eyes you'd see magic all around you! Is all in you, really! UNLEASH all possibilities

21 comments:

  1. Cielo, tu jardin esta cada dia mas hermoso con esas rosas de colores tan hermosos y vividos y ahora con Tinkerbell, ni se diga mas,LOL! Ahora sobre tu ventana la cual es completamente soñada, tanto en primavera como en invierno con toda esa nieve y tu viñeta es preciosa! Ojala puedas visitarme tambien. Abrazos,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy, since a short time I'm linked with your lovely blog! Your home is really very cosy and the garden A DREAM!
    And I find, that you explain you in a real magnificent way!
    Thank you to share all with eachother!
    Lovely also the birdsinging, which puts you in an other world!
    If you like, visit my little garden in my blog and our cosy weekend house or home....You may write an e-mail, because I have no comments on it. Hugs, Barbara from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this post. Your gardens are so beautiful and I love how you captured such magic with your lovely photos.
    As always I leave here wishing I lived in your gardens.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post. This is a wonderful and sad time of year for us. I love the fall, but hate to say goodbye to our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, the most beautiful lamp I have ever seen. The picture with the snow on the trees, looking through the window to the lamp and the warmth within, heavenly.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. viene voglia di accendere il camino, rannicchiarsi con una coperta calda su una poltrona, di aspettare la neve e con lei il natale...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¡Cada día me gustan más tu jardín y tu casa!
    Envidio tus maravillosos tomates, nuestro verano no fue muy bueno, hubo muchas nieblas y eso dañó las plantas de tomates, pero ahora estamos teniendo un principio de otoño muy caluroso, hoy por ejemplo sobrepasamos los 30ºC en mi ciudad.
    Aunque no escriba cada vez que entro, te leo constantemente.
    Un abrazo y todo mi cariño desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  8. violetasrendadas.blogspot.comSeptember 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM

    Lindo, muito e muito lindo.
    obrigada por agradar aos meus olhos com estas belas imagens.
    Parabéns por tal dom.
    Fique sempre muito bem!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lamp light in the evening this time of year...and a fire burning and warming the hearth. I haven't a light on yet tonight but the fire is burning to ward off the early evening chill. There is a cinnamon scented candle burning and I am feeling content with the night that is coming.

    Love the Tinkerbell pants. Now if I could only train my own little elves to pick up and clean when SweetCheeks and Company leaves I would be blessed indeed. okay..so maybe I AM blessed enough already! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos...I especially love the one of the garden at twilight.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful peaceful enchantment all around us on this blog. Devine, delightful and it feels me with calm. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá! Toda vez que eu passo por aqui fico encantada,essa imagem da janela ficou muito bonita, tenha um bom final de semana. Abrço

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post and beautiful photos. I love the lamp in the window ~ there is something wonderful about seeing a lighted lamp in a window, and what a beautiful curtain too.

    Love the tinkerbell pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my your roses are abundantly beautiful and I have fallen in love with the winter window scene. Just about convincing me I need lace curtains for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always such a pleasure and delight to visit your post. Thank you. Love the quote - it is so important to see magic, really good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cielo!
    Your lamp and your tablescape is enchanting!
    Love the shots of your garden views too!

    Great photos.
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for providing a good quality article.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah! It’s simple article, yet effective. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.