Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Petals

I love the month of June... have I mentioned that already? Oh but I do I do!


Petals on the floor
Petals up in the air 
Petals on my hair...
Petals everywhere.


Petals on cupcakes...

 

And pansies too...

 
Directions:  Make cupcakes as usual.
Gently, place some pansies from your garden on top of each cupcake. 
Share with a friend
Enjoy!
 

Lupines and Viburnum flowers

 

Vintage ball perfect Mason blue glass jars... love them! Package of 6 - only $8.99 at Target.
 


 
Nothing goes to waste...
 

It's strawberry season around here.... I've been growing them in pots this year because strawberries are kind of invasive and if you let them be, they'd take all other your garden in a zilch. So the other day, I made a cream cheese strawberry crostata.


Super yummy, and pretty too!

 
Super easy to make: Ingredients
• 1 or 2 cups strawberries
• 2 tablespoons sugar, for sprinkling (or more, to taste)
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1 pie crust, store bough or homemade (best part)

 
Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Hull and slice strawberries.
Sprinkle with sugar and set aside.
2. Mix together cream cheese, flour, sugar and vanilla.
3. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pie crust on the parchment paper. Using an off-set spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture on the pie crust leaving a one inch border around the edge. Pile the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Work your way around the pie crust folding the edges up every one inch or so.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool and serve at room temperature or slightly warm.


Love this baby pink tablecloth.... old, crumply, wrong size... love it!
 

I wonder what you all have been doing, or how are you spending these lovely late spring days? As for me, I cannot be more happier; days cannot be more perfect. I wish for you days filled with moments of light, peace, love, and even a bit of magic... wherever you may wander - may these blessings find you and may you find them.