Tuesday, March 19, 2013

For the love of home

March is such an unpredictable month... at least, that's how it is around here. I don't like March. March is a teaser. It promises you flowers and sunshine and warmth and balmy breezes one day... it let you believe for a while that the long winter days are over, but then the wheels turn back from one night to the next and you wake up again to frost clumps growing on my eyelashes and eyebrows; breath billowing white... And again, it is frozen creeks, and freezing cold river waters... but the worse of it all, oh the worse, it is always the wind; freezing howling winds—the holy language of March.   The March winds... as much as I try, my soul would not befriend them.

So... temperatures dropping, and super cool hazy mornings have brought me back inside again... what to do? Ah, cleaning, arranging, re-arranging furniture and things around; loving this flip flopping of furniture arrangements, and house playing time, of course...






Would I ever be perfectly happy with the way my rooms look? I am! For now at least... loving my new wallpapered room...



I took down the big mirror I had originally placed on this wall and hung up these instead... a cute little frame and a much larger frame... you can see more of the wallpaper now... love it





Oh my darlings, I cannot begin to tell you just how much I love being a housewife! "Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration" ~Charles Dickens




4 comments:

  1. Oh, March is so cold this year Cielo! Even over here in England.

    I love, love, love your post - the wall paper is fabulous and the way you display everything is wonderful.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cielo I loved your photos this morning and how they cheered my soul! Your home looks the way I always imagined mine might look someday.
    I was born in March and have always loved the sound of the wind so I am not a very good judge on March "madness" as it were, but I will admit I am ready for Spring!
    Have a wonderful day and keep your chin up!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. But that is the joy in March, the wind pushes us back in to have a few more days in the house, puttering, straightening, rearranging. It is pushing that early spring fever back for a bit. :)

    Lovely pictures. I spent time yesterday in the garden pulling all the dry, dead stuff away to make room for the green new shoots. And finding a few little things that are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull blog! ola fi from Poland.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.