Monday, January 28, 2013

Killing the blues

I’m going insane… yes totally crazy madly insane!! I want to yell at the moon, run with the wolves, run run away looking for the sun! Have you ever seen the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”?  Ah yes, I have had that thought circling my mind for days by now… run, escape, buy a villa in Tuscany on a whim and then find Javier Bardem in Bali… oh wait, that’s not the same movie, is it?  Hehe… oh well, whatever!

What an awful awful winter we had had thus far this year… It is snowing in your town, city too? It’s drizzling chunks of ices here again after that horrible storm the other day, and the little sun we had yesterday was just a tease… the sun has moved away to a faraway land I’m sure. Let’s see, shall we do 100+ pirouettes and faint with glee like the good girls do?  Ha!

Thus, I have bought some cute flats for my voyages to Tuscany and beyond.


I'm so in love with these shoes... love the deep coral blue sea color and if I wiggle my feet enough while wearing them, I'm sure I may be able to lift up myself from the floors… fly like a kite; reach the stars and sit on the crescent moon with a fishing pole. I will fish orcas and swim the seas of roses of the Milky Way Galaxy.


And these snake print ballerina flats… so adorable. From Vera Wang. 


I think they would look lovely with this skirt...


Or perhaps with this one… 


Oh oh and have I shown you my new necklace? Taking it with me to Tuscany too!


Love the whopping pendant.

Did I hear you asked about my hair? Yes yes, I’m a brunette again! Didn’t I just mention I’m one fry short of a Happy Meal these days?  Blame the weather.  But that's OK... I'm sure I’ll recover my sanity again as soon as spring steps in the garden… although I’ll probably be a blond again by then... he he)

In the mean time while my voyages begin, I’m here at home trying to ease the winter blues… I've been working on my inspiration board today... lovely antique photography... bits ‘n bobs... favorite decorating books are inspiration too...



Going back to the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”... what I love is what the writer who buys that lovely villa in Tuscany hoping it will lead to a change in her life learns about life at the end of the movie, which is basically that as we live our lives sometimes the things we dream of are right before our eyes. Ummmm... really?

13 comments:

  1. I love Under the Tuscan Sun. Oh, that villa. I made my sister promise me that when we are old and widowed we can share a house in Italy. The idea actually came from the movie Tea With Mussolini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cielo,
    I made it to Scotland last September. The trip of a lifetime.
    A bit cold though. The next trip is going to be somewhere warm,..Italy perhaps. I loved the house in the movie. I loved the seen where the bus traveled through the fields of sunflowers. Evey year since I saw the movie I have planted mass sunflowers in my garden. I put them in blue wine bottles to decorate with. The ones I don't pick are food for the birds. Love the shoes!!!!
    Sincerely, Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. I am in that mode where I'm feeling quite house bound because of the weather...longing for spring... to feel the warmth of spring, to smell spring. Always love to read your writing. Thank you for such wonderful posts.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go on the trip with you. I love that movie too. It seems like you have a spammer above in your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Cielo, aqui donde vivo es verano todo el año. Nunca ha caido nieve y tenemos un clima verano 'eterno', a veces he deseado en verano que el clima cambie(por el calor) pero nos adaptamos . Si queremos ver nieve , tenemos que viajar , lo mas frio , pudiera estar entre 66 grados en algun que otro lugar alto, pero es una rareza! Es ua Isla tropical. Mi mama esta en Ny, y a veces para esta fecha se deprime un poco. ASi que hay que mantenerse ocupado mentalmente. Te digo que el collar o joyeria luce muy bonito, el colgante es el detalle que llama la atencion , y creo que te he mencionado que ese tipo de falda te luce muy bonito! Ni hablar de tus zapatos , perfecta combinacion! Como mencionas al final, sera que debemos adaptarnos bajo nuestro Propio sol tuscano"?...a veces realmente necesitamos un cambio. saludos , Rose M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cielo... what a beautifully written post to chase away the winter blues. Under the Tuscan Sun is one movie I can watch over and over .. so many wonderful life lessons ... one that I try to remember often from the movie - is that God gives us all we ask for - sometimes not in the ways that we expect or want - but in how we need. Wishing you a joyous day..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure you all are… I love to read your comments; they give me so much joy—your thoughts, your life, what you plan on doing in your future, what things you like to see and do… you all are like an extension of my own self… love you all! And yes, I’m taking you all to Tuscany with me! ;)

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the book Under The Tuscan Sun, and I have been to Tuscany, lovely, want to go again with this awful winterweather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOUR SO WONDERFUL MY DEAR ... YOU SURELY LIFTED MY SPIRITS WHEN I COME TO VISIT YOU..SOON SOON THE WINTER DAYS WITH BE GONE AND THE SUN WILL BE STRONGER..........I TO HAVE HAD THE WINTER BLUES... BUT THANKFULLY WE RECENTLY HAD SOME ALMOST SPRING LIKE DAYS WITH SOME SUNSHINE...I EVEN GOT TO GO INTO THE GARDEN A BIT..THE GROUND WASN'T DRY BUT IT WAS NO LONGER MUDDY...IT WAS SIMPLY DIVINE..WISHING YOU A LOVELY DAY WITH LOVE JANICE...SMILE CAUSE YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shoes, I especially like the blue ones...they would really jazz up a pair of denium trousers as well as a skirt. Hoping you lots of sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this... Those shoes are so pretty... And loved that movie! I cannot sleep tonight. I finally sprinkled bergamot around the linens, and the citrus scent is taking me away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blue shoes and the skirts.

    I also love Under the Tuscan Sun and either want a villa in the sunshine or open a little shop in a little town re:Chocolat :)
    We have had a very warm winter-my daffodils are up and have buds, we had snow flurries for about 30 minutes. This week were tornadoes again (south of us) and then cold again. Crazy, mixed up weather. But like you I like to stay in and read or do crafty things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post! Love those shoes. Yes winter has been long, and we have 'cabin fever' - roll on spring!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.