Monday, January 28, 2013

Killing the blues

I’m going insane… yes totally crazy madly insane!! I want to yell at the moon, run with the wolves, run run away looking for the sun! Have you ever seen the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”?  Ah yes, I have had that thought circling my mind for days by now… run, escape, buy a villa in Tuscany on a whim and then find Javier Bardem in Bali… oh wait, that’s not the same movie, is it?  Hehe… oh well, whatever!

What an awful awful winter we had had thus far this year… It is snowing in your town, city too? It’s drizzling chunks of ices here again after that horrible storm the other day, and the little sun we had yesterday was just a tease… the sun has moved away to a faraway land I’m sure. Let’s see, shall we do 100+ pirouettes and faint with glee like the good girls do?  Ha!

Thus, I have bought some cute flats for my voyages to Tuscany and beyond.


I'm so in love with these shoes... love the deep coral blue sea color and if I wiggle my feet enough while wearing them, I'm sure I may be able to lift up myself from the floors… fly like a kite; reach the stars and sit on the crescent moon with a fishing pole. I will fish orcas and swim the seas of roses of the Milky Way Galaxy.


And these snake print ballerina flats… so adorable. From Vera Wang. 


I think they would look lovely with this skirt...


Or perhaps with this one… 


Oh oh and have I shown you my new necklace? Taking it with me to Tuscany too!


Love the whopping pendant.

Did I hear you asked about my hair? Yes yes, I’m a brunette again! Didn’t I just mention I’m one fry short of a Happy Meal these days?  Blame the weather.  But that's OK... I'm sure I’ll recover my sanity again as soon as spring steps in the garden… although I’ll probably be a blond again by then... he he)

In the mean time while my voyages begin, I’m here at home trying to ease the winter blues… I've been working on my inspiration board today... lovely antique photography... bits ‘n bobs... favorite decorating books are inspiration too...



Going back to the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”... what I love is what the writer who buys that lovely villa in Tuscany hoping it will lead to a change in her life learns about life at the end of the movie, which is basically that as we live our lives sometimes the things we dream of are right before our eyes. Ummmm... really?