Tuesday, January 8, 2013

In my little world

I have been under the weather—both, under a heavy blanket of snow that have had me dreaming with warmth and the color green of a sunshine filled world for days, plus recovering from a nasty food poisoning... vomiting, headache, diarrhea, fatigue, gastric distress and the like. Yucch! Not feeling 100% my normal self yet, but there's always a positive side to all negative... and that is, I got to stay home yesterday and today.


Although I was so weak I couldn't even move yesterday, I enjoyed my day watching the birds outside...


The Black-capped Chickadee... these little fellows love the snow... hard to find them in spring or summer around here, but comes winter and you'll see them all day in the garden, searching for food in the snow or flying from tree to tree with undulating and rapid wing beats. So precious.

I have heard that these birds are well known for their boldness near humans, so maybe they can feed from my hand some day? That's if I dare to go out, of course... for now, I much rather sit by the fireplace with its cozy fire and just enjoy the view from the window....

This is what I'm seeing...

Oh oh, and have I mentioned what I saw this morning? Ah yes, footprints in the snow! The Winter Troll? Yes... I'm still shivering just to think about it.

Everything was covered in snow; perfect and white and just too cold to go outside... so I went to the other window to check on those footprints. My eyes focused on the curving paths, and shivered just as I looked out over the side of the garden. More footprints.... yes! The cherub? It could not be!


This little cherub here.... he's a total rascal you know. Just look at his face! Could the footprints be his? I wondered. Maybe, he decided to walk around and get some warmth? It's been very cold here you know... I would not blame him for being pissed... 

I am annoyed at this cold too.  Every winter I dream and wish and dream some more of a little cottage in sunny FL. Ah the flower-crowned head of a bougainvillea resting on the roof of my little sun-filled cottage, and in the garden... in the garden would be a Crepe Myrtle and a Royal Poinciana, magnolias and lovely trumpet trees would be everywhere, and of course, my garden would be house to turtles and frogs and lizards I never get to see around here, and (alligators?) and armadillos and and and...

OK, you can tell my brain isn't working well, so I best be off now and have some rest and hopefully I won't puke again.... awful awful thing...




Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better!I don't enjoy the winter at all either.I could easily live somewhere warmer too!Maybe someday! Right now I long for spring!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowy pics. I live somewhere warm (Singapore) and we often choose to travel somewhere cold (and preferably snowy) in winter :) I guess the grass is somehow greener on the other side :) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cielo,
    Hope you get feeling better soon. I love the pictures looking out your window of the birds and the troll footprints. But perhaps it was your guardian angel, having just peeked in on you. I too dream of a little beach side cottage in a small town on the Atlantic, called Flagler Beach. I sometimes go there in the winter for a week or two just to sit on the beach and feel my feet in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been so unwell, I do hope you feel better soon. Your garden looks lovely under its blanket of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS..AND DREAMS OF...IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR LITTLE CHERUBS FOOT PRINTS...WHO KNOWS.
    I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REALLY SOON.
    WITH LOVE JANICE

    ReplyDelete
  6. allot of people are sick right now in pennsylvania where i live. are you sure its food poisoning? sounds like a disease i had a few monthes ago. take care susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow the snow is so pretty, love the photos, don't get any of that in california, so it is exciting to see, loved to see the birds play in it...lol ..I am a new follower of yours, come on over for a visit..phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are amazing! I hope yoou're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon dear Cielo, your pics are lovely. It is very cold here as well. Awaiting spring and a resurgence of flowers in the garden,
    Blessings
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those photos are great, the snow is so pretty. Hope you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos. Thanks so much for sharing. The snow is so beautiful. I think the darling little birds are really juncos, not chickadees. We have lots of them, both summer and winter, but even more in the winter in the Puget Sound area. Hope you're feeling better!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hullo there! I stumbled across your blog while looking for pictures of wisteria and got caught up in your newer posts! I love the shots of the birds here - although your adorably round winter friends are not chickadees, but actually Dark-Eyed Juncos (the Oregon morph, if I'm not mistaken). I love your picture of the flicker from the previous post, too - she looks as though she's been caught in the midst of a naughty act! Have you tried leaving out peanuts or bacon fat for her?

    Cheers!
    Elinor B.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.