Monday, November 5, 2012

My gypsy bohemian room

Hey there everyone! How are you doing today? Hope you're doing swell! Some of you have asked me to share the olive oil crust recipe I use for my quiches...  so here it is!


1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil (for a perfect, flaky pie crust)
1/4 cup ice water

Pre-heat oven to 450’F

Beat oil and very cold water together, put in freezer while you mix flour and salt (I add a pinch on pepper sometimes) then add cold oil-water. Mix everything together with fork or clean fingers (I prefer clean fingers) until the mixture resembles corn meal. Do not knead. Do not roll out onto floured surface.
 
Press into 9" pie plate with fingers (do not oil pie plate). I like to use glass because that's usually where I would serve the quiche once done... straight from the oven. Cover crust with foil and bake in a preheated 450' F oven for 5 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.

Remove from oven.

Reduce oven temperature to 325'F and get ready to pour your mixture into crust... for this quiche I used my veggie meat recipe.  Super easy, and deliciously flaky crust.  The secret is in the olive oil.
 
 
One of the things I love about autumn are scarves... I love wearing scarves. I have discovered that when my neck is not well covered  my body temperature drops, and I get super cold, even in balmy summer nights.  If my neck is warm, then somehow my whole body feels snug and wrapped up in nurturing warmth.
 

Love the colors and pattern of smooth silky fabric on this scarf. Like it so much, I bought another one just like it, only in blue. A lot of fabric too. Enough that it can be used as cloths to decorate around the house...


The gypsy-like type of fabric inspired me to changed some things around my girly room for some "sabor gitano" (gypsy flavor) to nourish my inner bohemian...



And make my room feel more like a “chabola gitana” (gypsy hut) to thrill my bohemian soul





I love to treat things in unconventional ways… and you can always create a unique harmony by combining unconventional accessories and items.  




 
So this is where my new scarves have ended up… at least for now... 


I love the inviting atmosphere of this room.  It makes me welcome.


When you use fabrics of every color - teal, gold, brown, red, royal blue, etc. in conjunction with a variety of textures, nothing will clash because there is no accent color. Everything blend and feel cozy. Love it!

Have a nice day everyone!
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Cielo! I am so happy you posted your oil crust recipe. I was hoping you would. I cannot wait to try it. I have family coming this next week so we will be having this one morning for sure.

    Blessings to you-you look gorgeous in your scarf and the gardens are so wonderful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post...I love your style!

    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cielo, I love your scarf, it's a beautiful colour. Best Wishes Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cielo,
    Your blog is looking so gorgeous! I love your header as well as all your big and beautiful photos. You look divine in the picture! I love what you are wearing too. Your Bohemian room is fabulous. I am loving all the color!
    Each of your tea cups look lovely set out. And that pink geranium sitting by the window is wonderful. I do love geraniums indoors in the winter!
    I have a very bohemian spirit as well as so I truly enjoyed your post.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo glad I came over to your blog today... I do the same thing with my oversized scarves... ( In Florida..well.. I have gorgeous scarves... but our weather does not co-operate that much!! :).. soooo I use scarves to decorate!! love your ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your oil crust recipe! This post is wonderful! I love scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful change to this room, Cielo. Will love to try your crust recipe! Sounds marvelous - I hope you're having a blessed day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, by the way, I recently used a scarf my dear Son-in-Law sent to me while he was serving in Afghanistan - love decorating and wearing scarfs too!
    Hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.