Saturday, November 24, 2012

Family time...

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving Day... So much to be thankful for; including YOU, and YOU, and all of YOU my dear readers (silent ones too)


I know you all had an extra special day, at least that's what I want to believe.   I know I had some blessed couple of days... working all day Thursday and Friday at home... cleaning and prettying up things and cooking and baking and washing dishes and rearranging things again and again. Oh, believe me, this is pure joy to me!  I am never too overwhelmed with holiday preparations; never too tired of working extra hard when it comes to my home and family...


My husband got me some roses from the market in my favorite color to embellish our table. Love them.


No big centerpiece, just simply the best I could ever had!


We had a house filled with people we love, amazing food simmering in the kitchen and plenty of pumpkin everything to finish off our day!


I made the most yummiest of dessert ever after my FLAN, of course: A PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE.



This is an absolute amazing recipe, absolute hit! Perfect texture, nice creamy density without being heavy. Just perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.


I have eaten this so many times and every time it is amazing. Our friends and family love when I make it.  One thing I must remind you, however, if you're planning on making a cheesecake, is to not forget (like I did) to bake your cheesecake in a roasting pan of hot water to prevent cracks from happening. Hence all the extra amount of whipping cream on my cheesecake to cover cracks.




My daughter baked a yummy cherry pie.  Super delicious too!



I was feeling very tired by the time the last piece of pie was served, but I had a wonderful little helper!



I washed the dishes while she swept the floors...


 and beyond!


Have a happy rest of weekend, everyone!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Your cheesecake looks amazing. I think the whipped cream looks like just the right amount. Love your little helper- she is getting so big! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cielo
    Lovley Post.....and e nice little helper :)
    and do not miss....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed so much the time spent in the home. Lovely pics to as always, thank you for sharing. lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had a blessed Thanksgiving, Cielo! I think that simple decor is always the best - especially when it's given to you in love. ♥

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love white roses. No wonder your home is so beautiful with a little fairy princess dong all that hard work! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delicious your pirs look. How cute the little helper is. Nothing better than family and food. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely pictures!
    Have a sweet Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Cielo, Lindas fotos! Las flores que tu esposo te obsequio lucieron hermosas con todo en la mesa!

    Es una satisfaccion enorme poder disfrutar con nuestra familia y servirles con amor y agrado!

    Tu ayudante luce muy comprometida contigo, ja,ja,ja.
    El flan de queso es uno de los postres mas apetesibles! Es una de las satisfacciones culinarias mas realizadas! en estas epocas. Aunque yo lo hago varias veces al año! saludos Cielo. Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures!
    Your cheesecake yummy!
    Happy Thanksgiving Day!
    Virtual Christmas party at my blog.
    What are your favorite Christmas memories?

    Besos bella amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Cielo!
    Perdiera mi vieja agenda hoy la e contré, ahí estaba tu blog no conseguía recordarlo con precisión.
    Me alegro volver a e contrarte,y tengo la sensación que todo te va bien no entiendo cuando venga alguno de mis hijos ya me enteraré.
    Pero ese Bebé tan trabajador......transmite alegría.
    Por este País soplan malos vientos,que en más o menos medida nos azota a todos
    Te deseo lo mejor, hasta siempre.
    Maruxa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cheesecake....I went to the site for the recipe but there are so many. Happy Monday with love...o p.s. love your sweet roses..with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Qué hermosura de princesita y que hacendosa,:)
    Muchos besos para las dos!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great table decoration! and baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.