Sunday, November 18, 2012

A movie and a book

As I type this I'm watching Guillermo del Toro's movie 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.' Have you seen it yet? Creepy movie, I'd have to say.  Awful creatures, creepy mansion... but the gardens, oh the gardens.... such a magical magical place they are... as magical as the mansion's incredibly lovely library room with its tall tinted Victorian windows.  But that's about it as far as I'm concern. 


This morning while at Barnes and Nobles I discovered Robin Brown's book, "A Bit of Velvet and a Dash of Lace".. Have you seen it before? I was totally amazed by her designs and fabrics, and textiles. Then I discovered she has a BLOG too!


Love love Magnolia Pearl's style and every piece of their beautiful, unique, and vintage clothing! Look at those awesome fairy blouses and bloomers! Love this style so much!





AND that bird's nest of a hair do! My goodness!



I so want my hair braided like that!  But how do these girls get to do that?  It seems mighty hard to me... 


How lovely... a bird-nest hair do! How cool is that!


Although really...  there are days when I don't even have to try...  

You just wake up looking like a true Hitchcock heroine!  Oh well! :) 

Wishing you a most pleasant week.




6 comments:

  1. Cielo- Magnolia Pearl has a blog, too, you know. I have adored her look for years. I think their hair is just a form of dread locks- washed clean but not combed out. After awhile it starts to look like this. One of my daughters had hair like that for several years. Everyone assumed her hair was dirty but it wasn't...she was ultra clean.

    Did you see the caravan she travels/lives in? Adorable. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lacey romantic white clothes very much. The hair could be wigs (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can truly see this as your style, sweet Cielo! It's so feminine, so unique, and oh so vintage! I love it....and their hair, too! :)

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, sweetie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a fan of Guillermo del Toro's works. creepy but very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog. I LOVE it!!!!! How do I follow you by email. I must!

    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cielo,
    I LOVE Robin Brown and her style. I have the book and read her blog
    religiously. Go back to the beginning and watch her growth and progression. I think she is just an amazing talent.
    Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.