Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back home!

Well hello there my sweethearts! I hope ye all’s been well!

NY City—what an amazing city that is! I mean, you can always find something interesting there, something appealing appalling crazy whimsical and, just all in all interesting… cause, a course, that’s NY City ya know!

In case you were wondering, that’s exactly where I’ve been these last coupla days… Happily walking Manhattan in my feminine and whimsical skirts, edgier jacket and boots! It was colder than heck, with cold mornings and colder evenings, but even in the worse of a snow storm you can always but always find people dress like this…

Perfectly dressed perfect people as well as those that are not so perfect, cause that’s just how it is in NY City! And everyone can be just exactly what they are or want to be, and that would be OK! Ain’t this wonderful?

Glam but not over the top... love it!

Relaxed... COMFY SHOES--a must!

Lovely!

Not so lovely... and yet OK to be just you!

Crazy middle aged lady fashion expression man repeller... sometimes I truly believe this is the path I'm happily heading down... ;)

Very nonchalant and cool!

Boho-chic (bohemian and hippie) - definitely my style!

It was like if the whole world was in cahoots with all the hustle and bustle and the air was hanging heavy with the smell of hot dogs and chocolate crepes and the cherry flower was spinning in the morning air; cause everywhere you looked there were trees in bloom, and as you walked side by side ‘long people from all four corners of the world ya felt alive and at top o’ the world! Now, if that doesn’t sound interesting to you I don’t know what would! Yup. And then... Ok OK gotta get down a few more words here ‘fore this story flies outta my head, so... have you ever been to NY City? I truly believe that’s one thing everyone should do before they pass over to the Great Unknown ya know—visit the city of all cities!

Yup... I had a helluva awesome time! But a course... nuthing like home! It is so good to be back!

ps: All pictures NY City, from Pinterest.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Cielo,
    So happy to hear you loved the city, and you captured some very interesting "People Watching Photos". Yes you can go to the city and see it all...I'm in Connecticut so a trip to the city only takes an hour...I have MANY TALES from there "AND OH and I always Happy to see the Green Grass of home when I leave". If you had gone JUST a WEEK sooner WE WERE having summer temps up here. AND NYC always seems to AMPLIFY the weather conditions. HOTTER when it's HOT and COLDER when it's COLD. I think it's all the concrete and HIGH HIGH Buildings!
    Welcome Back,
    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a New Yorker, I wish to thank you for the kind words about our city. Glad you had such a special time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYCity, the greatest city in the world!! I worked on fashion there in 61st. and 3th. in a custom made place called Tapemeasure and it was great to see and wear fashion the Newyorker way. I'm so happy you had fun and liked it Cielito, as I know NYC could be intimidating too. Hope I can go and visit family I have there. Thanks for sharing and HAPPY EASTER to you and yours.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a native New Yorker, thanks for your lovely comments about our rambunctious city.

    Yes, everyone should visit NYC at LEAST once in their lives ... but on behalf of the locals -- a request for out of town visitors: please remember it is a hard working city, and when the natives are rushing along the sidewalks, PLEASE don't slow them down; they are rushing for a reason. Move to the inside, next to the buildings, if you want to stroll or take pictures.

    Don't stand in the middle of the street or the sidewalk to take pictures; you may be run down by wheels or feet. Keep pace with the crowds, please. Enjoy that fast NYC energy rush!

    My Manhattan-working husband and daughter will thank you.

    Welcome back to the roses!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun trip.Great photos.I have never been yet.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cielo, you are bubbling from your visit. Wonderful. I had been to NY when I was in college - LOVED it! My daughter really wants to visit and I hope she and her husband can after he returns from Afghanistan. Fun post! Have a great weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have spent a few weekends in NYC and I now have a daughter and granddaughter living in Brooklyn. They love it there! The first time I went, I used your exact words. "I have to see NY before I die! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first year in the past 8 that I have not being traveling to NYC on a regular basis for business. I miss it like I miss an old friend. It is never the same place twice and in the city it is especially energetic. Great photos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I have been to NYC and LOVED it and would go again but would not want to live there BUT only because I am a country girl and love my 10 country acres. I was very impressed with the friendliness of some of the people we met in NYC (after hearing so many stories through the years). We loved the 2 days we spent on a tourist bus getting off where we wanted, walking around and seeing just a little bit of NYC. Amazing city.

    Some day I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say WELCOME back and glad you had such a great visit. (And you really saw snow there-I'm sitting here with the air conditioner going).

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful images of NY! ..and your blog is always chic...
    Loredana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a wonderful time. I love Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! I want to go to NYC someday and your post just made me want to even more!!! Well done! Glad you enjoyed your trip! Thanks for sharing!!! ;0)
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh you lucky girl (:) looks like
    fun ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE to visit NYC. My daughter wanted to move there after college, but she chose San Francisco - lots of fun too! I was sorry she didn't pick NYC because it would be great to have a place to stay. Last visit I was really torn about shoes to take. We wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, but I wanted to be fashionable. I wore my old Converse.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.