Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Contentment...

It’s been cloudy for the last few days with a steady on-and-off drizzle that have kept things watered down, and the garden is already looking wonderful. Rose bushes are starting to put forth their first leaves—green and supple, reminding me that soon my little world will be perfumed by lovely roses. What else can one ask for?


I am content; like the trees rooted in this garden I so love; and I have been busy painting all my garden statues and fountains. The sound of tickling water has started to serenade my mornings again and the Western Tanager has returned home. Soon I will be discovering cups of twigs and grasses at the end of tree branches and, hopefully, some eggs of glossy blue marked with brown spots too.


I’m excited—delighting in the thought of warm sunny mornings and enchanting late evenings in the garden. Are you this crazy in love with your surroundings? I’m easy to please and don’t require much more than a few rose bushes and a good dose of sunshine to be content. I have worked long and hard preparing this little plot of land for a wonderful show off, and it will! I know it will real soon!


It seems to me that each year the garden grows and looks differently. I mean, there's always something new growing there, a new surprise waiting to be discovered, a new perfume wafting in the air; it's a living, changing thing and a classroom of eternal lessons to be learned for sure.
It's almost also impossible to write about my love for my garden without sounding really sappy or boring. But that's how it is… this is the place where I can always keep my eyes on the stars while my feet are still on the ground and thus, I love this little urban garden that it really is not much larger than any of the rooms in my house; with no view other than the large two-story houses surrounding it. Still...


The secret to happiness? It relies in making the best out of what you have…

19 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful. A garden doesn't have to be large to be beautiful,and yours is proof of that. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cielo: Your garden is most beautiful. Do you feel at the end of winter that your garden might not come back as it was? I always do but it always does..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is very beautiful Cielo and you have an enchanting blog.

    It always amazes me how, from being dormant and quiet over winter a garden can rejuvenate and transform it's appearance into such a lush oasis.

    I can also see lots of new growth on the roses in my garden too. I think its going to be a great year for roses.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings. Your blog is so beautiful. I adore it... I want a house amongst the roses too :) Your pictures are lovely and such a source of inspiration. And I wonder if it is okay if I copy the lovely sparkly picture of the lamp with the Roald Dahl quote and share it on my blogg? Giving due credit and linking back to you of course. It is about oldfashioned witchcraft in a modern world. Also I've managed to steal pictures from the teaparty post. I am so sorry. A friend sent them to me together with a bunch of pictures from Country Living and Jean D'Arc Living. Can I still use them with credit given or do you want me to remove them? Blessed Be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cielo, I feel you! I love my surrounding and though my garden is just starting out, I adore the beautiful trees I am surrounded by and look forward to the afternoons when the songbirds come and sing to me in the same spot in the trees. That is peace and contentment to me.
    I believe every one deserves a little peace in this crazy world. One of my favorite saying and I try to teach my children the same, "Life is what You make it!" Enjoy your beautiful garden and have a wonderful day.

    I so enjoy all of your post!!

    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your roses and garden arts. Bet the air is wonderful when everything is in bloom. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I come and live in your garden for a week or so? Just plop a little tent down and sit? Oh..I WILL need an electric cord for my coffee pot....oh...and maybe a porta potty. Other than that I won't need a thing. I can just feast on beauty and watch you flitting around in your little piece of Heaven- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hard work has paid off well. Those tall blue delphinium are gorgeous....anticipating the new flowers is always exciting, for every bloom yes? My garden is not as small, and is looking very sweet now, but usually it is in Florida....no true dormant season this year. May I ask about the picture that says ''my feet are my favorite part...'' about the skirt, is it yours? It's so magical and wild, soft and feminine! I'd love to know the story of it. blessings, Lady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cielo Your blog is beautiful. I love it... and vould like a house amongst roses too !

    regards from Frøken Frida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dear Cielo,
    I am loving the color of new leaves in my garden - the shades of green the red tipped leaves and all the sweet buds. We are having exceptional weather - save no rain - but, hopefully soon. The garden is definitely a wonderful gift from God - exquisite beauty.
    I hope you have a blessed weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such a lovely post!! Your gardens are beautiful and so healthy!!! Thank you for the reminder in your final sentence ... too often we forget ... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  12. The secret to happiness is just what you have said in this pretty post. i have been outside taking tea with my bleeding hearts and lilacs... in March! Never such an early spring in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Cielo! Love your statue too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautifully written, Cielo. You are a true poet. ♥

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. your garden is completely enchanting. i love every detail that you are posting here. makes me wish to have a romantic rose garden also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Though my gardens sound bigger than yours, it is very much loved as yours is. This is where I find myself most happy and content. Yours is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden is beautiful and sounds wonderful. I love this time of year too. There's something about gardening that is so magical. Every year gets better.
    Thanks for sharing.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers. Our azeleas are in bloom and are so pretty. I love checking every day to see what else is in bloom. The iris are starting now. I just love spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful blog! I adore your little corner of heaven! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.