Friday, February 3, 2012

Dressing up and a THANK you note

I love to dress just the way I love to decorate my house; in oodles of layered goodness and clothing that evokes a feminine feeling. The antithesis of modern fashion, right? Perhaps, but for me this is perfectly fine. Being a girl is a good thing! And not worrying about what others may think or say about me at this stage of my life is even better! There is so much freedom in this!

I love this top. I love the fantastic neutral tones and softness to it, and to top it all, I love the pretty piece of lace on the top part and two layers of sheer gauzy fabric at the bottom.

It pairs perfectly with my layered white skirt.

Shoes complete any look—and finding the right ones for my shabby chic style is no different. I don’t wear high heels as much as I used to any more. I rather be comfortable than ridiculous if you know what I mean. Have you notice how some ‘mature’ women like using extra high, high heels; and yet they’re visibly dragging themselves in pure pain? I see it all the time where I work. Who are they kidding? Of course, didn’t I just said not to worry about what others may think or say about us at this stage of our lives? ;)

I love the chunky looking Scandinavian style shoes, but they’re hard to find here. These are not European shoes, but I like them the same. They look super cute with some tights and a skirt. I find them relatively simple yet feminine. Equestrian boots, booties, oxfords, Mary Janes, and ballerina flats are all perfect for the shabby chic look.

Anyway… so how are you been doing? I've been contemplating making some type of dessert... but what?

Any suggestion? Recipes?

Thank you for being such a beautiful light in my life, for your comments and prayers on my behalf on my previous post; thank you for opening up and sharing your own problems with me and reminding me that I’m not alone… what a special souls you are!

19 comments:

  1. Those are exactly the kind of clothes I picture you wearing. Stilettos and a pencil skirt would shatter my image of you! lol ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Born shoes? They have the look you like and wear wonderfully and last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cielo, your attire is always lovely & warm. Matches our beautiful heart.

    No baking, just potato soup cooking today.

    Have missed you ...
    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cielo
    Just LOVELY and warm :)
    I like the Vintage look,.
    and do not miss...

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cielo, I love each and every visit to your blog, beginning with your name. I think of it as meaning sky, and my name means earth, so it seems we have a kinship.
    Your style of dress is dreamy and poetic and suits you to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that skirt is divine! Your clothes are beautiful! All of my clothes are soft and flowing but what I'm missing sadly, are ruffles. Where can one find a skirt like that? and yes the gauzy layers under the top is such a perfect accent! The chunky shoes perfect too. I'm about to embark on making my own clothes finally for the same reasons you mentioned about being old enough to be carefree and unique. The expense of clothes I love forces to give in to making them. My birthday is on the 6th, I will be 53 and I will be making my first cake ever :D a pink velvet cake with rose water and white chocolate for myself and whoever comes by :D. I bought a glass dome to display it. I will put real flowers on it and make big swirls with the frosting. Maybe you can make something for Valentines with edible rose petals and rose water?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fashion sense is divine......and I own shoes quite similar to yours. Comfort is #1 with me, too.

    Lovely post....I am always happy to come for a visit because your blog is so inviting.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cielo,
    Lovely outfit. It is wonderful to match our wardrobe with what we love! I wear red ballet slippers almost daily. Tonight we're going out to dinner and I have a floral skirt, tank, lace tank above and a pink sweater. I tend to go simple with the jewelry - pearl earrings. I have been making my desserts in ramekins lately. First I made Creme Brulee then Banana Pudding and lastly Bread Pudding from the homemade bread I made last week. I like Paula Deen's recipe.
    Hope you have a very Delightsome weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your style. I, too, am at the point where I dress like I want and wear my hair the way I want. I find that most women my age have gone to short(er) hair. For me, that is not a good choice. I look awful in short hair..so I keep it long. I think it is wonderful that we have the freedom to make some personal choices and then own them.

    You are beautiful no matter WHAT you wear! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the skirt and top very pretty. And I would def pick the chunky shoes. I have enough problems with my feet than abuse them with heels. And I'm a klutz.

    Baking-I made peanut butter cookies and choc chip cookies yesterday.

    This is my weekend off. My grand and a niece are spending the night. They look like twins:) So tomorrow I have to make French Toast for them.:) Being nannie and aunty is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Cielo,

    I really like your skirt and top. I agree with you, I like wearing clothes that make me feel frilly and feminine :) :)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a dreamy outfit... I just made a rustic apple tart formy mother. The house smells so divine with the warm cinnamon! The cold wind I'd blowing but it's cozy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that top, Cielo! It would go well with two ruffley skirts I have! I'd love if you would share where you found it. I found a lovely boutique in my new town; gorgeus feminine clothes, ruffles, bling; I'm planning a visit there soon to check out there stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit. Looks sorta vintage and very comfortable! Easy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pretty outfits.I love those shoes too.Heals are pretty but I have never been able to wear those comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kathy... to answer your questions: Skirt, top--the whole outfit; including shoes, came from the thrift store. I can never understand why people give away such precious things... but I'm glad they do! ;)

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful outfit, I love wearing those kind of clothes as well. Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute! And at wonderful prices too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your house in the roses! Such beauty all around...
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.