Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My friend

I was acting a bit irritable the other day. Negative ions floated all around me as I kept complaining—the weather, the short days and long night; 8:00am and still dark outside; the lack of sunshine and energy… and oh, this heart monitor they have me wear because; really, my heart is been acting so crazy lately it’s a miracle I’m still standing. Pretty scary.

So, I decided I should shut off my mind to negativity—shoo pessimistic thoughts like you would shoo some pest birds off your precious garden. But how? How can one accomplish such a thing? Shutting off negative thoughts it surely is a hard thing to do. At least for me it is. It was then when all of a sudden the thought of a dear friend burst into my mind… like sparkles of magic it did, changing my mood instantly. Although I didn’t realize it then, I already had a smile in my face.

I decided I should go find my friend; text him, call him; write him a letter...

I was a little hesitant at first. I hadn’t seen my friend in such a long time. Perhaps he didn't want to see me now? Friendship comes so easily in summertime. When the garden is beautifully frocked with blossoms and the sky is so blue that when you lay on the grass and look at it you can’t really tell whether you are actually looking at the sky or maybe at an immense deep blue sea—those are the times when my friend and I have the strongest connection, and it is always here, in the garden, where we secretly meet.

But in winter time is another story. I kind of lose track of my dear friend in the winter. I don’t usually go out to the garden when is this cold and gloomy; but today I really needed to see him. So I went out to find him.

A little idea kept tugging at my heart strings as I was strolling around the garden—so disheveled and lonesome during this time of year. How could I let faith and hope put that spark back into my life? A little bit of that whimsy and magic?

It was then that I spotted the old stone I’d brought home with me a couple of summers ago from one of our summer outings. Such a heavy stone this was; and so uprooted to the ground, we almost gave up. I’m glad we didn’t and brought it home to our garden. And that is when I saw it... a most interesting thing; some sort of a note half way buried under a heap of dry leaves. A message? Like those strange message people sometime find along the seashore tucked in a bottle? I knew then that, the magic I was searching for was near...

I bent down, and took the paper. And what do you know... a message! A reminder. A love note if you may. Something to think about and to read as many times as needed be.

But wait… who left it there, you ask? My friend, of course. He tends to do things like that and probably had left it there that last time; knowing a forehand how much I was going to need it today.

I wanted to share this message with you. Please read it; make it yours. It’s a powerful message, but if you don't see it that way, at least take it as a practical messages for a better life.

Can you imagine? “a blessed home in myself where I can always always, go in and shut the door and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace as in a sea of calmness, even when all around and about is trouble”… isn’t this fantastic! Magic and magical indeed I say!

When I pray, I know God would bring magical events into my life. All my dreams, my thoughts, my hopes, and my inspirations I have put in God’s magical hands. His enchanting presence is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life and I know with total certainty that God will make sure those who earnestly seek Him are surrounded by His powerful magic; of love, protection, renovation and salvation.

It is real—this magic; you can feel it and people can see it in you too. They might just don’t know what it is, or what you get it from. But you know.

Whatever might be you situation today, please go to your “blessed home” and shut the door behind you and kneel before your Heavenly Father (my friend, and your friend too) in secret. Peace, as in a sea of calmness, will be yours; even when all around and about is trouble…

Be blessed.

23 comments:

  1. we are the worst enemies of ourselves...
    greetings,
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I am sending you love and prayers that you feel better soon! I love the idea of a secret room to enter within....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart often feels like it skips beats. It's very alarming and can take several days for it to return to normal. It can also happen out of the blue.

    My problem stems from fibroid tumors. Depending on my monthly cycle to what I eat seems to cause a flare up.

    Just thought you'd like to know in case this may be your problem too.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this encouraging post. Such great reminders that we sometimes lose sight of in the midst of storms and discouragement in our lives.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really needed this today, to be reminded that no matter what my troubles are, I can turn to God. Lately, I've felt pressure from several different directions, and was not sure where to turn my attentions, what to "fix" first. Your post is very timely. Thank you for sharing. I will reflect on these words and draw strength from them. Bless you, Ceilo. I will pray that you feel stronger, and that all will be well with your heart, because it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ceilo - I am going to my Friend and yours right now to ask for your healing and blessing.

    Thank you so much for blessing your bloggy friends with your beauty, humility and reminding us of seeing the magic our Friends provides every day.

    Love you.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and more so that you found the magic you needed by yourself. I always turn to Mother Nature, She is always there for me, for all of us. Her herbs and flower remedies help with these feelings greatly because She understands us deeply. Look into the Bach Remedies. It has worked hundreds of times now.http://altmed.creighton.edu/floweressences/remedies.htm
    For matters of the heart when I have the pains, I use pure Ylang Ylang essential oil right over my heart and it calms my heart immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another thing to consider is the effect of Solar Flares upon people especially affecting the heart. On Sunday we had one of the biggest in 7 years and it affects especially sensitive beings. Solar news sends out email notifications on solar flares for people so they know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect words.Please don't worry about your heart.I have had an irregular heart beat for years.Lots of tests show I have a healthy heart.I think for me it is just hormones.You know the change of life thing.Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cielo,
    I have been going through the same thing. Take heart and refuge in our Father. My prayers for you.
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be well. Spring will come soon as she always has.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this reminder. I needed to hear it today.

    I will say a prayer for you that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful message you have put here today for others to read. I think a lot of people kind of slip away from Him in the sadly long, dreary days of winter..when the sun doesn't shine on our faces and the song of birds is silenced by the frozen, cold Earth. This is just a precious message to all of us! Thank you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your lovely message -be well see - you are being uplifted by so many of us!
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was reading the first part of your post my thoughts urged - to my dear friend go...our Heavenly Father. He is the dearest Friend I have - he knows all my thoughts, all my fears, all my sorrows, all my desires and will listen each time. I felt the very same way earlier this week and sat down to let Him talk to me I read through the book of Colossians - to appreciate verses like Colossians 3:15 one needs to know the complete context. It is so rich. Sometimes I feel a deep connection with you. You've answered something I have been wondering about myself. My heart has been fluttering like a caged butterfly. I was thinking it was anxiety. I am going to make sure - Dear One - you're in my prayers - thank you for being such an encouragement.
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOLA CIELITO GRACIAS POR RECORDARNOS DE NUESTRO AMIGO INCONDICIONAL,AMIGUA ESTOY MUY ORGULLOSA DE SER SU AMIGA.SAVES QUERIDA AMIGUA QUE HACE ANOS TUBE UN EXAMEN DEL CORAZON Y EL RESULTADO ERA ANSIEDAD CAUSADA POR LAS HORMONAS EN EL CAMBIO DE LA MUJER,NUESTRO AMIGO NOS CUIDA Y NOS QUIERE SAVES EL ES TODO PARA ME Y SE QUE PARA TI TAMBIEN..TE APRECIO MUCHO CIELITO GRACIAS POR SER MI AMIGA ...BENDICIONES...CON CARINO SINCERO....SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are feeling better soon. I find myself having to rid myself of negativity often. I work in a highly stressful job-I'm a pediatric oncology nurse. Some days are so busy and complicated. So as I go to work each morning I pray that God gives me the strength to take care of the kids that I love taking care of.

    By the way, I love the music on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely. What a brilliant idea. Each post that you create is like a storybook. It's hard this time of year to be sunny when it is so gray outside.

    Happy Thursday,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Cielo!
    Your beautiful and sweet words have touched my heart... Sometimes, I think that life is hard and comes with so many strange gifts and challenges to us! But I know that our lives are like long rivers that come down the high mountains, searching for the arms of the imense and deep blue sea... And it seems normal that appear so many huge stones along this long way.
    And I agree with you... When the nigths are so dark and the stones so hard,the better thing to do is call for the wonder help of our dearest Friend, our Amazing God, because only He knows the better way to make huge stones turn in precious diamonds,and make our days really bright and full of tenderness, beauty,love and peace!
    So, I wish you,my dear friend,from my heart, all the best gifts from our lovely God... Be blessed too and live the peace that comes from our worderful Friend!
    My sweet brazilian hug for you!
    Teresa
    (from the brazilian blog "Se essa lua fosse minha")

    ReplyDelete
  20. My name is LIz. Your blog was one of the first I saw and entered me into a garden/forestworld online. I know a thing or two about heart disease and will pray for you. I have been concerned about your scented candles(voc=carbonmonoxide=heartdisorder).Healthy air-God's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amei este post!!! Deus é nosso amigo em todas as horas. Seu blog é lindo demais.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.