Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The true meaning of long weekends

For those of you who live outside the USA, here we had an extra long weekend due to the 4th of July Holiday, which, aside from the real meaning it connotes, for me means three days of pure pleasure just being at my favorite place ever—my home!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I truly appreciate spending those lovely summer days right here, at home. It’s the most rewarding vacation ever; although that means a lot of work to do too!

I cleaned and cooked and changed things around (something I truly enjoy doing), and I even had time to bake... another of my very favorite thing to do!

And of course, I spend hours working on the garden! Truly a joy! Do you see working in the garden more as a chore than a pleasurable hobby? Well, that depends on whether you are a gardeners or not. ;)

Ah, the joy of long holiday weekends! They re-energize, revitalize and send you back to work... maybe feeling a desperate urge to an early retirement so you can spend more time doing just what you love?

11 comments:

  1. HI Cielo,

    Oh, your flowers and table settings are lovely as always. I've always enjoyed having a nice tea out in the garden. When I still lived in Germany, I'd visit some friend who had a lovely covered back patio. We'd sit out there drink tea, coffee and talk :) :)

    Oh, this is totally random, but there's a company in Oregon called Cielo Home. I read about it in my local paper. It's really neat. I thought of you because of your name :) :)

    Have a lovely week, Cielo. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! The joy of being at home...decorating/rearranging, baking, gardening, and even cleaning. I'm a teacher, so I have the pleasure of enjoying my home for a few weeks without having to go to work. It makes it hard when I do start back, because I miss it so much! Have a lovely week!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Como siento no poder entender el Inglês ,no están los niños, mis traductores habituales, pero disfruto con las fotos de las flores.
    Estoy sin computador, el IPad que me regalaron,como un gran logro.....no me entiendo del todo con el dentro de u os días me traerán un nuevo ordenador y podré publicar algunas fotos, tengo
    Tengo un nuevo rosal absolutamente maravilloso.
    Un abrazo,
    Maruxa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being home too..and that is my only regret about working. While I love my work, I never have enough time at home to do even 1/2 of what I would like to do. Everything is looking perfectly beautiful at your place! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love to be home but our lives have become so busy that for the past month we have been away every weekend. This weekend coming while not a long one we will be home I have already started to weed out and get ready to just relax.
    love your gardens and your home.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your garden is just beautiful!! And that bundt cake is mouth-watering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house and gardens are just gorgeous! I <3 that little pink lamp- too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ceil,
    I desire so much to be able to retire so I can spend my days at home. My home is my passion and I find that on my days off form work, I have a hard time leaving my home.
    I am so with you and agree with you that my home is where I want to vacation!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photo's I too love baking and gardening and get to endulge both often as I am a house wife. Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cielo!

    This post is gorgeous, but the photograph of the antique teacups filled with roses is so stunning..... I am speechless.

    This belongs on a mahazine cover or in a frame.
    Simply magical.


    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.