Sunday, August 29, 2010

Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.

The small house situated in a rural community in Northwest Netherlands had been uninhabited and neglected by previous owners, but for Elly it was love at first sight. The minute she walked on the property, she knew she would sacrifice anything for it... a careful and sympathetic renovation, plus an addition of a master bedroom and a bathroom turned this house into the lovely cottage of Elly’s dream. Walking into this light-filled turn-of-the-century cottage today, it’s hard to believe the place was once a dim warren of a tiny house. Ah yes, I'm sure you'll love this cottage as much as I do, so let’s take a peek inside, shall we?



Don't you just love this charming little cottage! And you can see more at Elly's blog. Would you please visit Elly and tell her I sent you! She's expecting you! If you are participating in "Show Off Your Cottage Monday", please link back to THE HOUSE IN THE ROSES. Linking back allows the readers of your blog to find the other participants, thus increasing visits for all who are joining in.





Pssss... Have I told you lately how humbled I am by your warmth and friendship? Ah yes, I adore reading your comments and the sweet emails I get every day, some of them with charming photographs of enchanted fields or a lovely rose garden you've seen during your walks. How special these emails are to me! And how blessed I am by having you in my life. Thank you... thank you for taking time out of your busy days to come here and read my ramblings. May your day be filled with blessings Like the sun that lights the sky, And may you always have the courage To spread your wings and fly!




30 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful post:D Thanks so much Cielo:D
    Xo
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a charming place! I love the white theme with touches of red here and there. What a great cottage! Thanks for sharing it with us, and as always, thank you for hosting.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly's cottage is charming! I love her linens and lace -- such a wonderful collection, and i am really envious because it all looks so well IRONED!
    Beautiful
    ... Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a place! It's so charming and warm and just so special. I love beautiful white linens and those are absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home! I see lots of great ideas in this post.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog!! I just linked up. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely darling, Cielo. I'm going to visit this chick right now. I love the whiteness of her home, sugar.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh It is warm and cozy! Every little detail is so cottage-ee cute! Thank you for hosting show off your cottage. I am excited to join in this week! :)

    Have a great evening!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure charm and personality..love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very charming, Cielo. Love those old photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Cielo!! Oh, thank you for showing us this precious little cottage. She really knows how to make pretty!
    You're a very special one yourself, Most Beautiful One!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS COTTAGE IS LOVELY SO FULL OF BEAUTIFUL PRETTY THINGS AND LOVE BEST OF ALL WHITE WHITE..THANK YOU FOR SHARING CIELO..HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Evening Cielo Sweet Friend...
    Oh my what a beautiful share tonight. I love this little cottage. I especially love the little punches of red here and there. You know how I love red cherries and red everything.

    So many beautiful rooms and Sweet Elly has done a magnificent job of restoring the beauty to this beautiful cottage in the Netherlands.

    As always you have taken me to a beautiful magic place. Thank you sweet friend. I have so enjoyed myself this evening.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Cielo~
    What a beautiful cottage you featured. I love all the white loveliness of it all...and the pops of red here and there.

    Thank you for thanking everyone :>) I think sometimes people forget what a blessing it is to have bloggers that read and follow and grow to know and love each other. You are a special person & I love "visiting" you! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elly's cottage pictures are so nice to look over. What a nice place she has. I'm going to enjoy coming back again. Thanks for a great place to post cottage love! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Cielo, que hogar más calido y bello, tantos detalles bien pensados la hacen muy especial!

    Beautiful!!!

    Cariños
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful post. You have an extrodinary gift. Have a beautiful and blessed day.

    Love ya
    mariposa

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful blog you have Cielo, it's a fairytale.
    How nice of you to put Elly her charming home in the spotlight.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Warm wishes, Mea

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to say Hi and let you know I join in on the meme this week. I hope I remember to join in again!! Lovely home you posted...have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cielo,

    I have just taken a look at Elly's house. It looks really great!!!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was wonderful, seeing my cottage on your blog! Thanks again dear Cielo!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful home. I will visit her rigth away.
    Have a nice week
    elsamarianne

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for featuring elly's home! it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elly's home is indeed a gorgeous cottage! Thank you so much for showing it to us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just popped over from Antique Chase. Love this blog. Elly's home is just amazing. I love the splashes of red. I have huge house envy now! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful calm and serene home. I just love the comfortable feel of these pictures - such a delight. You're a dear to share Elly with us!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh such a pretty and sweet house! Would love to visit it for real.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cielo - I am struggling with some kind of bug the past few days but this sweet home just soothed the ol soul. What a charming home Elly has! Thank you for showing us a peek into her life- I'm heading over to say "hi" now.

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous little cottage! Thanks so much for taking us on the tour! It was a true delight :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.