Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The end of a season...

The lonesomeness to it... this kind of sheltered seclusion and quietness which, to my eye, is revealed in all its nakedness, like a sad melody... I can taste the strangeness which shrouds it. I can feel the melancholy which dresses it and gifts the acrid September air with sacred chants and sad low key songs... like an ancient European cemetery...

That's how the garden comes to me this morning; blanketed, as it is, by an endless gray sky, heavy with the prediction of rain... achromatic shades stretching out between white, and black and this sorts of low colorfulness which, in its own magnificent way, impels in me despondency and makes my heart sing low, and with the same intensity.

What I see around me humbles me and exalts me too. Transition. Fade. A final burst of green and growth. The falling away of the leaves and roses, the sleepy garden standing resolute and quiet, knowing its limits and times. It’s beautiful and tragic, as life and death always are.

And thus, I am strolling my sanctuary in slow motion; perhaps strolling it for a last time, or at least for a long while... I am leaving tomorrow to meet my husband at our new place. I may come back in the middle of October. I may not. And the garden knows this very well, and as a way of saying goodbye, it's been gifting me, out of its own free will, with unexpected little jewels: a single rose in sleepy bushes, a new growth amidst the dying... new bright colors under this strange, yet alluring peacefulness, so inherent of ancient cemeteries—roses, and petals posing as poignant collections of graves covered with seashells.

It’s beautiful and sad to watch, to witness, to walk and pray here one more time, and listen to the garden, as it relates its understory under the cold mornings of the end of another September.


 
 
 

Thank you friends, for allowing yourselves to be part of my days, and my life, throughout all these years here at the house in the roses. Thank you for making my days a little bit better, a littler bit sweeter and a hefty lot happier. I am honored and blessed to have known each of you. I am off now, on my way for a little while, and hopefully will see you again soon; if not here at the house in the roses, in whatever place the good Lord has for me somewhere out there.
    
Much love,

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move. I hope you come to love your new house just as much. Home is where the heart is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cielo, I love to read your posts and will miss them greatly. I wish you Much luck and good fortune with your move and new life. Have a wonderful week. K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- Cielo- I have a huge lump in my throat. Please don't be gone long. I know it must be very bittersweet for you-leaving that garden and closing the door on the life you have had there. God bless you on your journey. PLEASE stay in touch- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I feel such sadness about.. I hope that your new place brings you much pleasure as this place did.. I hope you continue with great spirit in your heart.. I love to stop by and read your blog see all the beautiful things you show.. I hope you come back.. You have gave me much inspiration Your Garden is so beautiful.. I'm sure though in no time you will have a new Garden with new sprouts everywhere.. with much much love Cielo.. I wish you the best future Janice p.s. I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((((HUGS))))) I hope that the new path ends up being a blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If any of your friends needed something to make them understand the sadness you fell in leaving your little bit of heaven on earth, today you have given us the ultimate example. To think we can not stop by to visit you, anticipating the latest additions to you garden, your shoe collection or any such treasure you have happened upon, is like loosing a friend. Your absence will be felt by all who come to your garden gate often. Like reading the last chapter of a very good book, you are a favorite story and will be missed until the day you return with new chapters to share with us.
    Wishing you a wonderful journey...
    Sherry Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crying with you as you leave your beautiful earth. Look forward to hearing about your new place - I am sure you will make it just as beautiful ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so happy to hear that you are going, to be with your husband, in your new home.

    Yes, this is a very bitter-sweet time, and your post captures it so beautifully.

    But I choose to look ahead, with anticipation... To your new place, and your new area, and your making this new home, into your very, very personal view of a home.

    Please........ Here or elsewhere........... Please let us come with you. Please. Please. Please.

    All the best!

    Many gentle hugs,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love and best wishes for your new adventure. You will make your new home beautiful wherever it is! Looking forward to hearing all about it! <3 and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dear Friend,
    Know you mean a lot to us - our hearts and prayers are for you and the best in this move - looking forward to your return...
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't take the sadness. I can't wait until you are on fresh soil that has been breathless waiting for your attention, your evoking gaze for magical plans to make all kinds of beauty sprout where there was only fertility before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information.
    House For Sale Eagle ID

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.