Sunday, July 14, 2013

The start...

How do I even begin to write a proper thank you note to each of you who so generously tucked in a personal thought; an encouragement, a thoughtful comment and best wishes in this sorts of a virtual bouquet. Thank you for everything. For your love. for your words. For your prayers. For your support. For your presence. For being my beautiful soul mates in this beautiful life....


And thus, we started with the cleaning process today... over 10 big garbage bags of clothes, linens and the sorts were given away... we also started sorting through the 100-million boxes we have kept in our garage for years and years, bringing them with us from one house to the next... till today. We laughed and wept softy... and cried hard over looking at some very dear and very valuable things—old photographs from when we were dating back in high school days, our love letters—hundreds of them, yellowish and brittle with years and the zeal of youth and love... old toys, kids' school cards and crafts, and a funny tender letter from a seven years old darling, which made me cry like a mad woman because this is the same darling I am now leaving behind... and well, we did a lot... a lot. And this is just the start. Someone is coming by tomorrow to help me clean the house and I'm calling someone else later during the week to help me paint an old bed white, and some of my thrift store furniture I have in the reading room, which are going to go in one of the guest rooms in our new home... I bought market flowers for my daughter today and along with the lovely bouquet, I added an old photograph I found today of us both, of when she was around 9 or 10. Soft evening light was shining in our smiling faces and we looked so young and happy.... I cried some more and then thank God for every blessing He has given us through all our lives. I then made a nice dinner for everyone... we had a lovely evening.

Let love and faithfulness never leave me... I'll bind them around my neck, write them on the tablet of my heart... (Proverbs)

Thank You for being with me my friends!