Sunday, June 23, 2013

Roaming the wildland

Roaming the earth in our gypsy caravan off we went... another trip; another wish satisfied as we wandered off the earth; over the wild sides—drifting away beside deep precipices, and gravel road and mountain edges on the boundaries of the periphery in our gypsy caravan. 





We had a day full of wildlife and bird viewing. Finally, we settled into our lovely encampment...


Because our gypsy caravan it really is a tent trailer, which means that thing have to be taken down and put up again time after time, nothing is always the same here. There is always a different feel to it, a different luster and sheen.




 
Candles, bling and shimmer and lovely textured fabrics with a bit of sparkle; things that help represent the wild, colorful lives of the gypsies of old.




I love the flowery background I chose for this trip; exotic and on the wild bohemia side... and I love the luster and beautiful reflections these new candles throw to the overall atmosphere of the gypsy caravan...



These candles come in lovely glass jars, and the best part—they are flameless battery operated candles.  No worries, no need for a flame or match...just two AAA batteries (included).  Found at TJ Maxx


I added some long strands of beads around the veils.... this is actually a small party curtain I found at Hobby Lobby.  Love how they add sparkle and sound to the tent...


The view from our 'master bedroom' window wasn't as great as on our last trip, but once you came down to the lake this is what you got....




And the river...

Back at our camp... in our living room.

 


Our fridge and some of the food in it...


The fisherman...


And master chef
 


Our fabulous kitchen table


Cool clear water... so marvelous and transparent it almost looked as if there were no water at all. 


 
Some stars must had fallen down from heaven onto the water... see them shimmering above the waters? I never did notice how lovely light was playing on the edge of the water until some time later I saw these pictures.  They haven't been retouched in any way... that is just how the sun was shining on the water... lovely.




Love the abundance of wildflowers in this place
Oh, and I just had to show you my hippie groovy peace symbol necklace! ;) Make love, not war!

 
Long post I know but oh well... ;)
 
See you soon!
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I am loving these caravan posts so much! The pictures of the lake and trees are so beautiful I feel like I'm there too. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more of these~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved every bit of this post! I am also enjoying these caravan posts so much. My granddaughters are coming to visit soon and we are setting up a tent on our property and you are giving me so many wonderful decorating ideas for it! I love seeing the beautiful places you are traveling. The water is incredible! Thanks so much, Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who minds a lovely long post like this? Certainly not I.

    Thank you again, for taking us along, in your Gypsy Caravan.

    Thank you so much.

    Gentle hugs,
    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to run right out and buy a tent trailer...you have made yours so charming! Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear One, I borrowed a picture from here. Because I want to link to your wonderful 'Gitanos' posts, in my blog entry tomorrow.

    When it is posted, I will leave another comment here, on your blog, with a link to it.

    Please and thank you..

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6/25

    "Auntie" has linked to your delightful gypsy caravan posts, this morning.

    Please stop by for a visit, when you have the time... By clicking here...

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...if I ever go camping, I want to go with YOU, Cielo! I just ADORE the way you boho-ed up your camper! I could be very very happy sleeping in a gypsy bed like that. :) What mountains are those? They're just beautiful! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.