Monday, April 15, 2013

Wish I knew how to sew!

I wish I knew how to sew... I remember confectioning a dress years ago when I was younger. A friend, who was a superb seamstress guided me step by step, but even with her help, it was a total disaster... I never got to wear it ;) 


Still, there are so many things I think of in my head I wish I could make!



Our youngest son who is now in law school, bought a sewing machine years ago when he was in high school, so that he could mend the holes on his pants rather than having to throw them away. You see, his momma couldn't even managed some mending stitches, so he had to do it himself... poor baby! ;)


Oh if I knew how to sew! So many things I would make! Wouldn't that be awesome? I can dream, can't I ?


I love textile and are attracted to pretty fabrics in pastels and little flowers, so whenever I find some old curtains, or tablecloth or bed linen that I like, I'd buy then, even if I know I'm not going to use them for that purpose...


So my good friend Christina, who knows how to sew lucky her, made me these cute pillow cases for my girly room, using some of the old linens I'd been collecting...
 




 
Love them!



Do you know how to sew? And what loveliness have you make lately? Do share!

 
Photobucket