Saturday, February 2, 2013

February days

When feeling sad when cold when touched by joy and filled with sunshine—I love to come here just the same, and simply be who I am. And thus, I am here. So much I see, so much I hear; yet, the words come on as ghosts, fragments, intangible wisps. I am one with the wind; you can't see the wind, but you know it is there because you can feel it. At least, that's what I want to believe... so I hope you can feel me, even when you can't see me, because... well, my spirit is in every nook and cranny here.


I'm struggling in some areas of my life. January had come and left bringing and leaving behind some dubious days, and now February opens up with its own share of unpleasantness. I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I am confident. I am not walking along. 


It is so nice to be able to stay home; see and enjoy my nest during the wonderful hours of daylight—what a blessing that is.


It is cold outside, and the house is wrapped in the shadows of deep winter, but today, this corner of our room by the window is filled with light...


 and little joys...


I decided I needed a reading nook just right here; under the window. Just for myself. So I gathered up some pillows; my favorite books and magazines...




Things and people I love... my babies; embellishing the wall. The jewels of my heart.


and made myself a cozy reading nook...


Is there anything more relaxing on a winter's day than curling up with a good book and escaping from the realities of our everyday life? 



Whatever you're doing wherever you are, hope you remember to do some nourishing for your soul... Thanks for stopping by! 



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of pretty home scenes and a reading nook with comfy pillows. I wrote down the Philippians verse, a sweet one. A few days ago I posted the next Philippians verse, also pure and true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, Cielo! I hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty. A good book is such a delight and what a lovely place to enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous spot for rejuvenation! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reading corner. Spring will be here soon, can't wait to see your garden then....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Such a beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming studying area. Springtime will be here soon, can't hang on to see your garden then...
    Affordable Villas in Tuscany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there,
    As I was reading, enjoying, every single word, I could see we are kindred spirits. You write, from the soul.. and very beautifully I might add. I see a photo of my magazine, The Feminine Home- what a lovely surprize. Please email me, I would love to have you in my next issue.. vintagerosecollection@comcast.net
    Love to you
    Jo-Anne Coletti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am "wordless"! Your blog is exquisite and I hope you don't mind I have added your link on my favorite blogs list.

    Hope to enjoy more of your lovely posts soon :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.