Friday, October 7, 2011

Found and lost

The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk

The rain makes running pools in the gutter

The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night

And I love the rain

(Langston Hughes)

Yes… I love rain, and I’m glad rain has arrived to soothe our summer-dried little parcel of land, but something else has come along with it… with rain winter has come; without any warning it came—scarves and big puffy socks, boots, frosty breezes twisting and turning whispering in my ears, red nose and watery eyes. And thus, it is official: Summer is over.

I’m collecting memories and a few last petals from the garden’s floor, and I am filling vases with the last droopy roses...

Speaking of roses and vases—I made a huge mistake this week. I’ve been dreaming with a true blue vintage mason jar for months and had searched for one in every thrift store you can image. Finally, I found the loveliest of blue jar this past Monday. I immediately filled it up with pink roses and took it with me to work the following morning. The wife of one of my bosses (I have 4) had surgery and I wanted to cheer her up with roses from my garden… I didn’t intended my new jar to be ‘part’ of the gift, though. I’m so used to sharing my roses with neighbors and co-workers, but I always get my pretty vases back. My boss’s wife was very appreciative, and she made sure her husband thank me for the lovely roses and ‘truly gorgeous jar’… ouch! Anyway, I lost my blue jar, and didn’t even get to enjoy it a bit. Let go… let go my heart let go... shhhh.

(image from Pinterest)

My dear friend Sandra is going through some real tough time… on a recent email she mentioned how sometimes she makes imaginary trips into my garden, just to be among the roses. Somehow these dreams make her feel better; and there we are chatting the afternoon away under the spell of a cup of tea; taking in all that is around; the sights, the smells, the music of the birds; sunshine in our faces… I wish with all my heart that her dreams would come true one day... we live miles away from each other, but maybe if I dream the same dream some how we’ll make it happen? I know that there are fairies spreading fairy dust in all sorts of venues, even in dreams. So I’m setting up a little spot in my garden for tea with my dear friend Sandra, even if it could only be in dreams....

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

23 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful Post! Something about it touched my heart. Thank you Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - again such wonderful pictures and it's so true what you write! I just love it!
    And I do love roses too....Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roses have become so much of my life I don't know what I did before them. Your bouguet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the most thoughtful wonderful friend to share your tea spot...I am sure you made Her heart soar....
    Glittery hugs, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such a beautiful arrangements, I love it, so nice to look at.

    Regards Janny

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky your friend is to have a friend like you. Your tea in the garden is beautiful, I would love to take tea in that beautiful spot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah so sorry about your blue jar...yes let it go, you have made someone so happy! I alos love your garden and your posts make me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every early morning, I was also doing same work with the flowers. Now a days in our city there are very bad atmosphere and because of it there are no single flowers in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beautiful are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a lovely friend. You have blessed your boss's wife I am sure more than you know...who knows your generosity may return to you over and over.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden and heart with us - Hugs to you and to dear Sandra!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh- I love that you share so freely with others...but sad that you didn't get your vase back.

    I will be saying a prayer for your friend. How wonderful that her "journey" to your garden gives her some peace! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will find a new jar Cielo! I am certain of it. I can imagine your friend being happy with your beautiful gift. The roses look lovely in it. Love you china too!

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your heart and sensitivity are so beautiful. :) Thank you for your thoughts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something about the blue jars. I love them too. You'll find another. Such a nice gift for your bosses wife.
    Sorry that your friend is having a rough time. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the magical visit. Whenever I visit, I so enjoy my time here.

    I will carry a prayer in my heart for your dear friend and for you as we tend to carry the burdens of those we love.

    Blessings and peace-filled days to you both,

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post! I loved the pctures of the tea spot in your garden...it is a lovely place and I am sure it touched your friend's heart.
    The blue jar with the roses was gorgeous...I hope you find another
    jar, but I am sure your boss's wife
    was thrilled with her arrangement. You are a most generous friend!
    Thanks for sharing these things with us...have a happy week..
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola!! me encanta este sitio, voy a poner el enlace en el mio. Un gran saludo desde Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello I'm David, I live in USA, Working at a reputed firm of USA, We provides services of Siding Services Irving TX in cheap rates.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are the most trusted service providers for hiring an expert to assist to Do My Exam Online with any exam topic. Exams are usually a source of anxiety for students since, in the end, your marks will determine your knowledge, and ability to study. You don't have to be concerned about receiving a poor grade. Hire one of our exam takers to complete your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take Online Exam Help offers proctor Online Exam Help For Me. Just say take my online exam help or do my online exam for me for your proctored exam.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really fell happy to read this post thanks for sharing this very good post.

    chromeheartsoutfit

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing great information that is actually helpful.
    LAW502 EU Law Assignment – UK

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.