Friday, August 12, 2011

RANDOMNESS

I so want these lovely fairy shoes... But at $225 bones I won’t be getting them any time soon. So I asked the fairies to find me some fairy shoes I could afford... and they did! Oh yes, they did! In fact, they found not one, but two lovely pair of fairy shoes for me... each at $3.99—never used or hardly used; which is perfectly fine with me! I absolutely love them!
Sequins studded pink fairy shoes!
I love the iridescent shades on these ones...
We slept on the guest room on the second floor last night—it’s something we like to do from time to time just for fun—to gravitate from the old routine. Do you do that too sometimes? Try it if you haven’t! It’s so much fun! When I sleep in our upstairs room I like to imagine we're at another place; maybe on vacation in another country in a little Inn or a romantic Bed and Breakfast somewhere... sometimes, when morning comes, I can’t remember where I am, or where I slept. In the boundaries between sleeping and waking up, I would turn around to look at the garden from my downstairs’ window and find myself looking at the clouds instead... pretty fun!
Can we be little girls again for just a day and play together? Which of these cute little girls would be you?
I often dream of a whole new wardrobe. Throw away everything that no longer fit my life and unleash my spirit with clothing that agree so entirely with my personality that even birds would know where my heart lives...
I feel so comfortable wearing long flowy skirts and gauzy blouses, and if it were for me I would wear ruffled bloomers too! Oh oh and petticoats that would peek below the hem of crinoline skirts, and ruffled dresses worn over multiple undergarment, and hoop skirts and bustles and parasols and silk gloves and muffs and bonnets, and even a long cape made of peacock and pheasant feathers... How do you see them apples! ;) I love mornings... the early the better in my opinion. I especially love those warm lovely mornings when I go straight to the garden after I wake up to find the earth clad in blossoms. The sun is slowly descending upon the somnolent garden bringing with it new hope and the possibility of new beginnings... the faintest scent of roses softly carried by gentle breezes; it whispers: “good morning”! And there I am—captivated by it all... so this here is where I'm spending a lot of my time these days... Our back porch... sun-filled afternoons curl up with a book, and at dusk enjoying a cup of tea as we watch the sun go down…
I’d like to share with you a very curious incident that happened to me this morning. What I’m about to share could sound somewhat supercilious, but I hope you don’t see it that way... I’m truthful in the smallest detail.

I had stopped for coffee before heading off to work at a favorite coffee house in downtown and was sitting by the window truly immersed in my surrounding—the sweet aroma of the coffee wafting in the air, the hush voices of people talking in the back, the early morning mist, which made the sun shiver in pink tones above the city; the birds in the bird-feeders outside the coffee shop... then, all of a sudden from outside came this very interesting couple. I could tell by their look that they have been on the streets for a while. The man had terrible matted coils of hair-like dreadlocks, and had some type of chains on his arms and legs. I couldn’t tell precisely what nationality he was—perhaps he came from the Sadhus people? Or the NagaSadhu in the Pashupatinath temple in Nepal?
The minute this man saw me, something real unusual happened... he looked straight at me; surprise in his yellowish eyes; then quickly approached me... I immediately thought the obvious; he was going to ask for money, but I was mistaken. Looking straight into my eyes the man said: “You have magic all around you” (Maybe he seemed my dreamy unfocused look, and thought I was seeing a world to which the others were blind? ) ;)

I was truly astounded by this, and didn’t know how to respond to this... then, in a most natural manner, he asked: “where do you get your magic from?”

Well, at that point I just had to smile... if I truly was to have but a speck of magic in me, I should known the source... So I pointed up and simply said: “from above”. Perplexity in his eyes—you could tell he wasn’t expecting to hear that one ;) “Really”?—he said still looking into my eyes. Then, he extended a hand and said: "Hi... my name is Crow."

I could see people all around me watching; waiting to see how I was going to respond to that gesture; to a dubious hand, to that intimidating name… I’d lie to you if I told you I wasn’t somewhat startled; afraid almost... appalled by darkness; and thus, I didn’t know exactly how to respond. But then again, I felt surrounded by this incredible peace inside me... “My peace I leave with you; my peace I give you”... peace in my heart... God’s peace in each step...

“Nice meeting you—I said and shook the hand.... the magic was then passed on...

To light the world with kindness and acceptance—here rests true magic...

Ps: When I later shared this incident with one of my co-workers, I was shocked to hear what she had to say: “Is the full moon people”.... total intrigued by her remark, I asked what she’s meant... she said that the weirdest of people always comes out at the time of the full moon, which by the way it happens to be this Saturday. Creepy!

May you be blessed and thank YOU for your company and for the light and joy you bring into my life...

21 comments:

  1. Okay, when I can't sleep tonight I shall call you!

    Only kidding. There are so many mysteries all around us. When we had our house painted in June, our painter asked me if it was haunted.

    I asked him why (because my daughter and I have both seen visitors but I didn't want to put words in his mouth).. he said he kept seeing a woman walking a dog on our grass -- there was no corporeal woman or dog, that's for sure -- so who knows what he was seeing?

    You would love my daughter, the costume designer -- she can make authentic corsets and petticoats, bustles, and wild new interpretations of them, too -- and fabulous hats!

    I would love the kind of magic where I could wiggle my nose and the housework would be magically DONE.

    Have a lovely weekend -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an enchanting story. I think some people can "see" what others can't. You must have a special light emanating from within you, a magic that he could see. I have so many issues, anxiety, phobias, worries, but people often tell me they see that i have a unique light or a rainbow light or wings of light,...some version of that. It intrigues me, but i like to think it's true, and they can see my higher self... this lower self is a mess!
    And i want to bury myself in all those cotton ruffles...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe we carry magic or a aura around us. I have walked next to someone in a store and felt that they were angry or happy.
    you met someone very special and a full moon does a lot of things to the earth and people.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat story about the man telling you you are surrounded by magic, and how you pointed upwards as the source, which to me means heaven.
    Those pink shoes are ever so cute and all those ruffles and petticoats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great story.
    You must be an old soul.
    My daughter is an old soul and people say things like that to her all the time.
    She is an angel, at least I think so!
    Have a great weekend!
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cielo
    what a LOVELY Post :)
    and do not miss

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan (The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the picture of the 1st outfit you posted, could you please share where you got or saw it? Thankyou!!
    Lovely blog, so beautiful.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Cielo!!
    Los zapatitos de hadas encantadores.
    Lindo fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I so very much LOVE those clothes!! I am such a ruffle, bloomer and petticoat girl ~ I wish I could wear stuff like that every day ~
    Thank you for sharing such loveliness with us ~

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think that was a full moon person...I think the Lord brought a person into your life for that moment for a reason you may never know...but you offered him kindness...
    Your outfits are lovely. I wish I could be brave enough to wear something like that...I always have loved long flowing skirts...but I am a shorty!
    enjoy your magical weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is wonderful that you did not reject that man. Sometimes people who are open and allow themselves can see magic....We all know you have a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, this is a full very thought provoking post - Love your colorful fairy shoes - I can see you lightly dancing in the garden in them....the clothing is fascinating - I love wearing skirts and dresses - especially those that flow as you move. You answered perfectly - the light and the love of God can be seen through you and people may try to call it something else - there's nothing more wonderful than knowing that God loves and dwells within us when we're His! I curiously checked - love this info - the names for the August Full moon are:
    Corn Moon, Dog Day's Moon, Harvest Moon, Fruit Moon, Women's Moon, Moon When All Things Ripen, Dispute Moon and Lightening Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

    My site:
    rachat credit pret www.rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a story. You answered him perfectly. Most people would have rejected him, but you treated him with such dignity. Love your fairy shoes and all the clothes are fantastic.

    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful story, Cielo. Startled, I am sure ... but little do you know the 'magic' that comes forth from you thru the internet, sweetie. You are one beautiful special lady. I, too, would have responded as did you & took his hand offered.

    Your shoes are darling! Love the pink & yellow styles. Those dresses, they are you!

    Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don't count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting story, Cielo. I'm sure you do have magic all around you ~ a beautiful magic! Love all the clothes and the shoes! I also love your beautiful home and garden. Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the encounter story. Sometimes you are just full of magic that needs to be shared! As for the little girls, I'd be the naughty one in front reaching out to touch. Probably something she was told not to. Love all of the billowing clothing. I'd wear it if I could get away with it. Afraid though that I would look ridiculous. Always wished I was born in the era of bloomers, beautiful gowns, and bonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your post...My new Victoria trading book that arrived has these delicate shoes with the laces going up..I was thinking I wanted a pair too. For my dear feet don't adore heels any more...Lovely as always..I love to visit here..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just discovered your site and am an immediate 'follow'. Everything I love to look at. Those clothes. You must must must share where you get them/make them/buy them/sell them. Please. I beg of you. (: Thank you. Sincerely, Amy, The Happy Peasant. www.happypeasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.