Sunday, April 3, 2011

Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.
The House in the Roses
Today I’m showing you what I’m using as centerpiece in our master bathroom: A wood tray transformed by me a while ago. I bought this nice large wood tray at a thrift store last summer, and posted about it here.
It wasn’t the prettiest of trays originally, but it had good bones and so I made it look pretty with some creamy cottage white paint. I added a few things to infuse a dash of femininity, such as these pearly beds and diamonds you see here and which I totally love...
And also added some things for practicality—things I already had, such as washcloths, hotel soaps (only white), cotton balls and swabs nicely placed in jars and pretty containers (also collected from thrift stores). This few things instantly gave my bathroom a romantic new counter display...
A few days later I found a pretty box of beautiful scented drawer linens with an English Rose design, and decided to lined my tray with it... I instantly fell in love at how it looks!
I always try to include some fresh flowers there, but can hardly wait to add a pretty little flower arrangement, straight from the garden! ;)
And what are your celebrating? Today's the day to play house... link, and link back!

20 comments:

  1. Cielo,
    Lovely touch to your master bath! Luxurious and inviting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey what a beautiful post and I love the way you added the rose paper to this tray. I may have to see if I could find something similar to add to mine.
    Would love to join in on this let me give it some thought my home is not near as pretty as all of yours.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful things in your cottage, Cielo! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ciel - Happy Monday to you. I love how you've displayed your trinkets in your bathroom. What a great idea adding the floral liner to the already beautiful tray.

    Have a great week Amiga!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! This is beautiful.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una magnífica forma de embellecer el baño, me encantó, tan elegante y distinguida!

    Besos
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how striking the glass is together- especially with the red roses- just beautiful...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. CIELITO TU TRAY QUEDO MUY LINDO Y TODO LO QUE LE AGREGREGASTE ES BONITO LOS JAVOCITOS Y LAS PERLITAS I FUE UNA MARAVILLOZA IDEA DE PONERLE PAPEL CON FLORES AL TRAY .ES TAN LINDO CUANDO UNO VA DE COMPRAS EN SU MISMA CASA..QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU SEMANA ...CARINOS...SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Cielo, Yes, I am visiting and linking. Sometimes I think I will stop blogging but I am hanging in there. I am so busy that visiting is a huge time taker but I enjoy blogging so much. So I am back and happy to be here with your beautiful charming posts.

    Your tray is truly beautiful. The drawer liner is the perfect accent. I am looking for a tray like yours and of course I am thrift shopping. My post today is near;y all thrift and estate sale shopping. Beauty on a budget. I love to decorate like this. Smile.
    I have missed you,
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Cielo,
    I remember when you shared the lovely wooden tray - the addition of the scented drawer liner is beautiful. I love your glass jars displayed with the pretty beads and diamonds and the practicality added. A very feminine, delightsome touch. Thank you for hosting such a fun party,
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Cielo! Thank you for hosting and letting us play house with you.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the apothecary jars! One of my favourite decorating items!!! Your tray looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cielo, I can't imagine that tray without that beautiful rose print on it! It is absolutely perfect...and your tray looks lovely with all your "necessities" on it...lovely. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday. If you get a chance pop over and see my little SweetCheeks video-she is waiting for her "groom". Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks so much for hosting! I keep looking for one of those midcentury jewelry trays...but haven't found one yet! Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cielo,
    Another lovely romantic touch for your house in the roses!

    Thank you for hosting again,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful bath vignette. I love the idea of lining the tray with a scented drawer liner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Cielo, muy bonito y romantico tu acentos en el bano ese tray te quedo marabilloso me encanta todo
    la decoracion .
    Feliz Dia!!!
    Recibes un abraso y muchas
    Bendiciones
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love the tray with the added flowered liner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an absolutely gorgeous blog you have! you are so clever - I have just started a blog The Curiouser and Curiouser blog, showing items that I find unusual old and unique - that I have made, picked up cheaply or I've found, I hope you like it http://thecuriouserandcuriouser.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.