Sunday, August 22, 2010

Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.
The House in the Roses

Today, I’m celebrating my unpretentiously romantic bathroom...
In my wee little humble powder room, dreams flow as freely as when I’m in the garden... sometimes I like to dream of shiny marble countertops and floors, and beautiful mirrors and a large shower room fully tiled, and ah yes we must have a double shower with rainfall overhead shower heads that would give you the feeling of being outside in the rain... and I would have this and that... but really, my heart rejoices in the little things and I am grateful for what we have and love living in a home that makes me happy. I’m not talking about materialism; my home is certainly not luxurious. I’m talking about the happiness that arises from deep within the satisfied heart. There is a big difference.

So let’s just peek at what I have done in my bathroom, shall we?

I enjoy making little vignettes around my house often and change them out often too as I get tired of looking at things. A while ago I read that a tablescape or vignette should include a minimum of 3 items; flowers, candles, and books, and depending on where it is, a tray. That same magazine featured a lovely bathroom vignette where the main item was a tray... I was really inspired by it. So I went out on a hunt for a new tray to make a similar vignette...

All I had to do was add my own personal touches to it!
I bought the tray at a thrift store knowing I would paint it and make it more my style... I forgot to take a picture of the “before” look, but believe me it wasn’t as pretty as what you see here... I love the size and design on this large tray and often wonder why people would throw things away when they can spice them up instead. I love to find used item that with a little elbow grease can turn into like-new again!

Cost of this project? Cheap. All accessories are things I already had; including the paint. Flowers from the garden, and I got the tray for $3.00! Now that’s what I call happiness!

What are you celebrating? I'd love to hear about it...

If you are participating in "Show Off Your Cottage Monday", please link back to THE HOUSE IN THE ROSES. Linking back allows the readers of your blog to find the other participants, thus increasing visits for all who are joining in.

28 comments:

  1. Your bathroom is so lovely filled with precious things! Those flowers add the perfect touch! Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so lovely, Cielo! Just like everything you do.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really beautiful Cielo.
    I'm going to try very hard to make my own washroom more "romantic".. tee hee! ;p

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty bathroom vignette. I love the tray and the flowers are so colorful. Perfect touch. I understand what you mean about what is really important about our homes. My little house is not an elegant home by any means but I love decorating it up the best that I can and the love that is in our home is what makes it special.

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bath is just beautiful..just like you!! ;)
    Thank you so much for hosting.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Cielo, se transmite tanto amor en tus palabras, tanta sencillez y alegrìa por la vida. Bendiciones querida Cielo, me alegra la vida visitarte.
    Precioso el vignete en tu baño,
    cariños,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cielo - Your powder room is so sweet and relaxing, and most of all with your special touch, did not require much money. I'm celebrating a patio redo which did not cost much either as the few big things are salvaged trash. I've linked it to your SOYCM party. Happy Monday dear Cielo!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally my theory....You need candles, books and a good lamp and preferably fresh flowers......Every week I say I am going to join in on this and then something comes up...Right now...Christmas ribbon is all over my house, so I would have a hard time finding a vignette that I could photograph..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cielo-I love coming here-it is such a dear, happy place. I, too, believe it is not what we have that makes us happy-it is who we are with what we do have.

    I am celebrating my children's children getting ready for school-growing and changing before my very eyes-the innocence that still envelopes them-the little things that make them happy...and, thus, make ME happy.

    Blessings-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty arrangements you have made! I enjoyed looking at your lovely pictures. Thanks for letting us share ours too! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bath is just wonderful!! I had spruced mine up just a tad a few weeks ago for company and used clear containers too. The soap was another thing and I love it in the jar in it's nakedness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today I´m celebrating the start of a new week. A week filled with surpries. Why surprises? To live day by day and see the beauty in small things, and in the nature, is my goal for this fall.
    I love the calm feeling in your bathroom vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bathroom. Light, airy, relaxing....
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bathroom is so lovely. You have given me inspiration again.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely bathroom you have! Your vignette is beautiful!
    This is my first time joining your party... thanks for hosting!
    Have a great week!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I agree. A private, tranquil bath is a necessity. Your vignette makes it perfect. And your gladiolas are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAIRIE HAS ALWAYS YOU HAVE USE YOUR MAGIC TOUCH TO CREATE THIS LOVELY PLACE A PODWER ROOM LADYS ROOM,YOU HAVE PUT YOUR MAGIC TOUCH.YOUR TRAY CAME UP BEAUTIFUL I YUST LOVE THE COLOR,AND ALL THE BEAUTYS IN THE TRAY...BLESSINGS...SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  19. HE HERMOZO TE QUEDO TODO CIELITO EL COLOR DE TU TRAY ES MUY ELEGANTE Y TODO LO QUE ARREGLASTE EN EL TRAY ES HERMOZO NO PUEDO ESPERAR MENOS DE TI AMIGUITA,CON TU TOQUE MAGICO TODO ES BELLO...BENDICIONES SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  20. How romantic I love your bathroom.
    Liliane

    ReplyDelete
  21. The tray filled with the fresh flowers and all the linens and bath items is so pretty and fresh looking. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have made your bathroom space so lovely! What a fun thing to do on Mondays!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very lovely serene colors - the flowers are gorgeous!
    I love the tray - just think - if others saw the value in the items they discard and we transform - there wouldn't be much out there for us to work with!
    Thanks for hosting such a lovely party!
    Hope you have a delightsome day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cielo!
    Your blog is absolutely beautiful, I am your newest follower. I take your button:))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  25. if i ever be in this bathroom, i dont think i would go out ever! so comfy and cozy and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely, and hurrah for fab finds!

    Sunday I am celebrating having survived Hurricane Katrina five years ago - and remembering all those who did not.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is SO Beautiful... thank you for sharing this with us. Hugs,Donna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.