Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pitchers

It's Wednesday, 7:25pm and I really am in love with pitcher vases... enough that I just had to share some lovely pics!
The colors of burnished chestnut and shades of espresso, mocha, mahogany, and café au lait. Just gorgeous!
Like a chocolate cake frosted with vanilla icing, a brown-and-white color scheme always appeals.
White pitchers and urns use as vases for white flowers are so elegant. Pairing objects in the same hue always look so elegant as well!
An assortment of pink roses in a pitcher vase... few things are as lovely as this!
Pitchers are so stylish, don't you think so! Even water becomes something to admire when served in a pretty pitcher... add some slices of fruit or vegetables to it, and water becomes an easy, elegant beverage option for special dinners, parties, or under-the-stars soirees!
(Photos courtesy of Country Living)

It is still very cold here and I'm still looking like a true hillbilly wrapped in thousand layers... I'd have to say though... I'm truly loving my new neck warmer! ;) Since I don't do any of the 'outdoorsey' winter things, guess in the mean time I can always sit by the fire and enjoy a good book, or feed the birds, or catch up on reading your blogs… right? Well, see you then!

18 comments:

  1. Cielo, I really like this post. The color combinations of the flowers and pitchers are gorgeous. I really liked the brown and white combo....I've been on a white kick lately, probably because we had our first white Christmas.

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have a thing for pitchers too. Love this post and all the beautiful photos with pitchers AND flowers. It seems without knowing I have started a collection of pitchers with lots of white ones. Are this photos from your own collection? Whatever the case, they are beautiful and I love the writing in your post. :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgous pics!!! Add me to the "Lover of Pitchers." I love their versatility, either empty or filled with pretties. Great post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pitchers, too. I collect little creamers from restaurants and kitchens... I love the little ones with no handles and a rim of blue or pink... My favorite one has cherries on it! I will have to group them and do a post. I brought them with me from home because they were small enough to tuck somewhere... And they tucked in the corners of my bath... so fun to see all your pitchers. Your neck warmer looks stunning on you!!!! Hugs and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really LOVE pitchers too and Of Course the next best thing to fill them with is "FLOWERS"... I too am "LAYERED" in warmth to keep nice and warm till we can get back to our gardening!!!
    Loved your post!
    Warm Winter Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful pictures of such an interesting subject. I love how you see the beauty in the most simple things. Thank you for sharing. It's a pleasure to stroll through your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ifiori sono piu'belli messi nelle brocche,anch'io le adoro.Rosetta di theromanticroseblogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ifiori son0 piu' belli messi nelle brocche, anch'io le adoro.Saluti, Rosetta di theromanticroseblogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cielo, you *SO* do not look like a hillbilly. And I should know because I am from ALabama ;D

    I like your neck warmer. It is adorable! You look stylish and cute!

    Stay warm, Sweetie!
    xoxoxo
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. As SweetCheeks MIGHT say-- Yoah iss the bestest lookin' hillybilly Ih haff effer seen! Just sayin...

    Your eye for beauty in common objects is amazing, Cielo...those pitchers are beautiful..simple and sweetly beautiful. Hope your day is wonderful- xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right about pitchers as vases. I use them all the time for cut flowers..just love the look and I love collecting vintage pitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love them all. I think I like the white ones best of all, Hugs! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your blog ,could you please tell me who you have singing , love the music..

    colleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cielo, you look stunning in your picture! And all your pitcher are beautiful as well. I do love roses in pitcher!
    Thank you for your beautiful post.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Cielo
    Beautiful post. I pick the one
    with an assortment of pink roses.
    I love it...

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures of your beautifully filled pitchers!!

    I love the mirror too...I think I have one similar!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love the muted fallish colors of the roses. How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonjour Cielo,
    I just found your beautiful blog - your photos are wonderful. I am a new follower and will be back again soon.
    Bon weekend,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.