Thursday, December 15, 2011

Things I love...

I love the feel of clean wood floors under my feet and the smell of cleanliness… I love the dim light of lamps and I love the warmth and sense of belonging they provide as I go about my lamp-laden house in the roses... something about the ambiance of dim light just captivates me!
 

There is something almost magical about the feeling of linens and colorful vintage fabrics all nicely piled up...
 

I love to see my closets decorated with layer of mismatched bed linens nicely folded and piled up. All the colors, and all the patterns, and all the warmth, the changes of seasons and all the good times they represent.
 
I love to see photographs of beautifully constructed “crumply rumply” beds. I love the abundant layers and linen all beautifully rumpled and mushed, but when it comes to my house I would never leave an unmade bed...
...not even for the purpose of attaining that homey feeling you want to see on a cold rainy day. But that’s just me… ensuring every crinkle is smooth is like ensuring all my thoughts are in the proper place.
 

... I also like to see pretty linen laying around the house conspicuously. I love all the softness and pretty pastel colors, but moderation is my rule. Simply put, too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing... don't you agree?
 

I love lighting up candles in winter; vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggnog, pumpkin pie, apple spice, and pine tree scent are my favorite. There are so many wonderful scents of the season!
 

A bright yellow moon hangs in the night sky and a feeling of magic fills the air. Nights are cold—endless dark hours, but we’re warm and cozy under our Sherpa blanket. I am so blessed in so many ways.
 


May your evenings be warm and lanternlit, and may all your worries melt in the December sun.

13 comments:

  1. Clean floors are a favorite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your linens and crocheted cloths are very charming, and your home has a warm glow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean hardwood floors to I have them too...and a large throw rug...I love the sun lite in the kitchen in the morning and waking up to the smell of coffee even though I can't drink it anymore....Happy Weekend..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post honey. I too love the feeling of linens and to see colorful vintage fabrics all nicely piled up...
    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't argue with any of this post.... How beautifully soothing!!
    Happy Holidays !!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the same things too. You have a beautiful home in the roses.

    Have a good weekend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cried when I read this one small joys are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and pictures. Wondering if you know the name of the fabric of the pillows on the right in your second picture?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more ...the smell of a clean house and the alure of a dimly lit lamp that becons me are at the top for me. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to see I am not crazy for loving the mix match array of vintage fabrics displayed around my home. Your collection is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too, Cielo! Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my heart, I believe the home reflects the woman - we put our hearts into the decorations, the warmth and the feel of a home. You've touched upon all the things that make it warm and inviting. I hope you have a blessed weekend!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Greetings to you, Cielo!

    You're brilliant! I love your blog, and I hear what you're mean about the clean smells...Especially at Christmastime, it seems we pull out all the stops to make all so welcoming within our homes. And, there is a great satisfaction to it when we can finally unwind and enjoy it all to the fullest.

    Your home and photos are always so gorgeous - you are truly blessed. I very much enjoy my time here.

    Happy Christmas and a Glad New Year to you and yours,

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.