Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Here comes the rain again

The boot season is here—rain has returned. The sky, laden with moisture, suddenly turned dark and smooth, as if someone had spread a monochrome veil across the expansion, suggesting the impression of a deep, immense sea above my head...

Ramshackle clouds outshined the afternoon light—heavy gray, a sleepy giant plopping shadows, strange curtain-like sheets of mist. Does the sky seem angry to you when it rains? It blooms and it sings to me... I can't exactly explain why, but rain gives me this exhilarating feeling; of joy and expectancy, as if something good would be about to happen… rain makes my heart go romantic. The feeling is inexplicably beautiful.

Rainy days bring in me a desire to bake and to connect with my inner self and gather rain-kissed roses under cool light showers...
Rain draws me to comfort food and caramel mochas on white glazed ceramic mugs in my cozy back porch…
It feels wonderful here in my back porch shrouded by the not-so-chilly-just-yet weather. As I enjoy little sips of mocha and watch the rain, I’m thinking the best thing one can do when it's raining is just to let it rain, sit down and enjoy it… don't you think so? Oh my, what was that? Did you hear that?
Yes yes... I'm sure I heard a rustling of leaves and branches in the wet garden… over there!
I see a creepy image approaching... can you see it too? Someone that looks like a witch... over there hiding behind the roses!
Better not move... pretend we haven't seen her...
I have an idea who that might be; it always happens, you see! With the first autumn rain comes the first of the witches. It must be that time of the year again; time for dancing under the rain and time for the twirling and swirling of leaves and the gathering of witches… I hear the commotion of partying going on everywhere in blogland. Are you doing anything special? The pumpkins, the crafts, the baking, all the fun stuff! Oh I hope you do! I hope you get to celebrate such a lovely and brief window of time of cooler weather and fall fashion indulgences before we get completely submerge into another winter. Life is too short, live it to the fullest!!

Wishing you a magical week, whether shimmering with stardust or just your glowing selves!

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the rain. It always makes me feel so cozy and like burrowing in for a good long read. But I agree -- the wind and rain don't seem angry to me -- they seem exultant, playful, growing, changing... just beautiful.

    ~Angela~

    P.S. Love those boots! I want! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I doo love rain too, but not longer than 3 days and than I would like sun again! Rain is cleaning the air and good for whole nature.
    But winter is not far...for this weekend we will have even snow until 600m. Again temperatures go from 27 to 3 degrees! But we are already used to these chnagning temperatures!
    Your pictures are absolutely wonderful and you'r so good-looking.
    Enjoy plenty your time....hugs, Barbara from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rain, especially when tucked up in bed under the cosy doona, listening to it pitter pattering onto the roof. I took some photo's of the roses dripping with rain today. They look so pretty. I love your post today. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't get a lot of rainy days here. Cold days, wet days, but not many gentle rainy days. Love the witch...she looks like a GOOD WHITCH to me (as SweetCheeks would say)...Hope your week is wonderful. Pour an extra cuppa for me, will you? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain is Beautiful sometimes for me, i love sunny days... But the photos are so Beautiful !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's raining here, too. Love your roses in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cielo,

    So exciting to prepare for Halloween. We don't really celebrate it in Holland. Your garden looks beautiful in the rain. Love the roses with the little drops of water on their petals.

    Have a lovely day,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cielo, I think your rain love is wonderful. After all rain feeds so many wonderful things. Even us. Your garden is loving the rain too. what pretty flowers. I need a pair of those rainboots. Smile. If that is a witch, she is a good witch and beautiful too.
    Love you and miss you.
    XO Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love the rain - the color of the sky and the freshness it brings to the garden! Your visitor looks so much like a Dear Friend...but, the raven curls have me wondering....
    Your garden still looks spectacular - your roses continue to enchant!
    I hope you have a blessed rest of the week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLA MI QUERIDA AMIGUA COMO SIEMPRE TODDO TAN LINDO POR TU HERMOSA CASITA TE VEZ BELLA CON TU SOMBRERITO.GURDAME UN CAFECITO DE VAINILLA QUE VAINILLA ES MI SABOR FABORITO..SIGE ALEGRANDONOS LOS DIAS..MUCHAS GRACIAs POR TU LEALTAD DE AMIGUA..BENDICIONES..SANDRA...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Witches come out with the first rain of autumn? Oh my dear, we're here year round! Tee hee...

    This is the first time I've visted your blog. It's so beautiful! I found your link on the "Witches Tea Party Under a Halloween Moon." I can't wait to see your post for that; I bet it will be amazing!

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your place is enchanting, you cast a beautiful spell. Gathering Witches? Yes, it IS that time of year. I best dust off my magic broom...

    Charmed, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  13. If we are going to talk about murals, it is a harsh reality that there are people who do not appreciate artworks like this. I fell bad, but there is less that I can do; I want them to realize that murals are beautiful and worth appreciating. But I simply don't know where to start. Sometimes, I think of writing as my way to influence people to appraiser things that should do my assignment for me be appreciated. I don't know if that is going to be effective, but I want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is really cool and great. I really appreciate your blog. I am glad to read your blog. Thanks for sharing the nice and cool post. than ever heidi puffer jacket Keep it up. i am waiting for your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really amazed me with your writing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic site. Lots of helpful information here.

    ReplyDelete


  18. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this website has helped me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.