Saturday, October 26, 2013

Goodbye...

My dear sweet friends... I hope these last few enchanting days of October find you well.   And what can I say of the things happening around here? Ah something really strange and wonderful and beyond marvelous took place the other day here in the garden...


A celebration. A buzzing of bees. A fluttering. A flapping of wings. A black cat scurried by. Some mysterious shadows under the arbor.... And oh roses... roses roses... lovely, beautiful roses everywhere...

 
 
 

Rose bushes wobble shaggy green heads;

Thin woody arms stretched wide opened—giving giving... 

a profusion of petals everywhere!  


It was truly magical!  Truly enchanting

and after all, perfectly normal.  

You see, this is the house in the roses.  Is it not!   


This was just how my magical garden decided to offer its final goodbyes.

I couldn't ask for anything lovelier, or more enchanting!

    

Fragrant Cloud roses, Unicorn roses, Distant Drums roses, Cinco de Mayo roses, Queen Elizabeth roses, Intrigue roses, Charisma, Sun Sprite, Chicago Peace... the profusion of roses in the garden during these last days of October was beyond magical and I dare say miraculous.   It was almost hard to decide what to do with so many roses... and I should say that's not exactly the right thing to say, right? Who wouldn't want to have this many roses to collect?  Roses are always welcome.  But what to do with so many roses now that my house is practically in total chaos?  Everything boxed up... boxes and boxes scattered around an almost emptied home...



I shared some with my daughter,

and the rest I placed in a special magical box to let dry there as they please

and take them with me...

as a memorabilia of lovely magical days spent at a home called

THE HOUSE IN THE ROSES.

 


Witches too came to offer a proper goodbye...

sweet enchanting witches in silly tutus...

naughty witches too.


I saw one of them swinging from the callery pear tree...

"wee-wee"—she taunted and laughed...

swinging; swinging higher and higher... 

Her striped covered legs almost reaching as high as the highest tree tops... 

  
Yipee! A rush of dried leaves swirled and fluttered around her...


She must had fallen off the tree me thinks because all I can remember is just seeing a swirl of crimson leaves and striped legs mingling up in a sorts of a blurry hazy vision...


When I looked again, she was gone.  Just like that!
Puff!
Disappeared


She did leave behind some clues...
for me to follow her up all the day down to Hollow Woods, I suppose! 


Oh I'm sure I'll be seeing them witches again.  

If not here at the house in the roses, wherever I may be...

but we'll meet again for sure!


The moving trucks will be here early tomorrow morning. They will be taking all of our humble possessions down the Yellow Big Road of life, where a new chapter in the book of our lives will be written.

What I have lived and left here at THE HOUSE IN THE ROSES it cannot be re-lived; it cannot go with me. Therefore, I am gathering every memory, every joy and tear sown here into a bouquet of what constitute my story, and leaving it here.... right here, in this blog. Where they belong.

I will not be writing here any longer. This blog ends with the end of our days here. I must start a new blog once we're settled in our new home. In the mean while, whenever possible, I will be sharing our road adventures with you, HERE. Our gypsy caravan is ready. We are taking it with us and we will be stopping along the way to rest and camp.

It's been delightful and, so rewarding in so many ways, getting to know each and every one of you.... I'm taking you all in my thoughts and in my heart of hearts...

Photobucket