Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shoe confessions - in the garden

Because I live in a magical garden (oh I hope you do believe me!) where shoes are entirely superseded by a ‘shoeless’ attitude, some of you have been wondering if, perhaps sometimes I get to wear shoes at all. ;)

Well, you know me and you know how I adore the feeling of rich soil under my bare feet. There’s nothing more pleasant or, more magical to me, than the direct contact with nature and the life-force energy absorbed through the soles of my feet. Walking barefoot in my garden is like a hug to the earth—like when you physically hug someone you love. Besides, in my magical garden there is no poison ivy or prickers I should be aware of or care for. There are no poisonous spiders or snakes either, and thanks goodness no yucky ducky doggie poop either. You would have to pardon my aversion, but stepping on some nasty dog poop is be the ultimate eeeieghwee yuckiness to me… and, well no gloves are required either around here, unless I’m dealing with the roses, of course.

I am not afraid to let the grass tickle my tootsies and I’m not disgusted by mud. If you really pay attention to what’s under your feet you'll discover a new world; you’ll be aware of the earth bones; its unevenness and smoothness, and even its temperature. It is an amazing feeling. Thus, from May until August, it is a no-shoe outside or inside for me. Of course, that doesn’t mean I don’t wear shoes when required—in the garden, as well as outside the garden.

When I was younger I had a sort of a shoe fetish—sorts of an extreme love for shoes. I remember my dad counting all the shoes I had in my closet once—all 36 pairs of them. And that was without including the amount of boots and winter shoes I had. Phew! Yeah, I love shoes—or at least I used to. As I mature, I’m becoming more and more my true self. It has been a discovery too. Growing a particular fondest for the natural world and natural ways has been an uplifting experience. And thus, nowadays I'm barefoot if I can possibly be so. Still... I do wear shoes ;)

These shoes are my favorite. I wear them for work and everywhere else... can you not tell? They're so worn out! ;) But you know me... it won't be too long before I'd get tired and take them off, and if I happened to be in my garden when nobody is around, or looking, I would probably toss my skirt too... and that's that!

These cute platforms are my latest shoe possession.

I love how they look with my long flowing skirts and because they’re platform they’re really comfortable. If you love high heels but hate the pain, these are great!

These cute flats are great to run your daily errands. I like to wear them on Saturday Market days... they look so springy and chic; and so comfortable too!

And of course, you can have the most expensive designer dress or silk suit but if you don't have a pair of killer dress shoes to complete the look, you're missing the mark, right? Yeah!

... and what about some shiny red shoes!

Every woman needs some shiny red shoes, right!

...and of course, you should also own your own magical shoes too! Those would be my favorite silver high heels!

I love these shoes... I can’t tell exactly why, but when I wear them I feel like Cinderella in her beautiful ball gown. I say they're enbued with magical properties. They’re my talisman. I wear them almost on every special occasion. You can read more about them HERE. Oh goodness gracious me... I do hope the neighbors aren't looking down this way... what an spectacle I would be! ;)

One type of a shoe you’ll never see me wear in public (unless I’m working out, of course), are tennis shoes. Who invented these things anyway? If you ask me, they look like some type of an armor covering a woman’s feet—worse in a man, if you ask me. Worse if that man happens to be a very tall man with big feet. Have you notice? ;) Take a real look next time you see someone with really big feet wearing tennis shoes—particularly white tennis shoes and tell me if they don’t appear to you as if trapped inside some huge vessels; being rocked away back and forth as they walk. It’s hypnotic. ;)

But I hope I’m not offending anyone, because that’s just me and how I see things.

Have a great evening, everyone... and may you embrace the magic within! See you super soon!

13 comments:

  1. Lucky you to be able to wear those heels. My heel days are definitely over. Give me boots or ballet flats or loafers any day. Comfort plus I say. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say my favorite is your barefeet with a flower between the toes! I never wear heals but I am a barefoot girlie. If I have to wear shoes it's always birkenstocks because they are so comfy and appeal to the boho in me. Love your pretty skirt hems. ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes. You are right - every woman needs a pair of red shoes. (side note: I pulled up your blog and then remembered I was going to water the grass this morning. At some point while I was out making sure the sprinkler system had started my husband walked through the house looking for "that music." I told him it was magic. It is, I like the look and the sound of your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at shoes and garden!!! :) great shoes!!! and I so agree that shoes do make a good outfit GREAT!! ... I love my heels but these days flats and wedges are my trusty go to. Though my heels bring me joy just looking at them.

    Oh and I'm so with you on the tennis shoes, running, walking shoes, sneakers whatever label they are given are only to be seen in those specific times!!

    Even after my accident - I was determined to find a shoe I could wear other than the tennis shoe.

    Happy Wednesday ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are funny Cielo! I feel the same way about tennis, rather athletic shoes The are awful looking!

    Love yours though...always having fun in the garden some way or another!

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is too cute and impish LOL. I could have written this myself about going shoeless, hugging the Mother and me feeling Her too....but I don't collect shoes, I wish I never had to wear them so mine are at a minimum. However when I do 'do' shoes I do them well. You should see my post about my own Fairy Tale Slippers, you may enjoy that one! http://fairycafeandgarden.blogspot.com/2012/04/fairy-tale-slippers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Le tue scarpe sono magnifiche, una vera dama...delle scarpette!
    Io per il lavoro uso scarpe comode, spesso scarpe da ginnastica...mea culpa!
    Prometto che mi impegnerò a indossare scarpe più femminili come facevo tempo da ragazza.
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooow Cielo!!!! Que zapatos mágicos tienes!HERMOSOS!!Como disfruto estar acá , tu blog tiene magia. Dios te bendiga Cielo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh-How I love your shoes. I just gabe away all my high heels. I wore heels for well over 35 years...and now I can't wear them anymore. I loved the way they made me feel..and I am tall and walked taller still in them.

    You enjoy every moment of your magic while you can...I like bare feet in the summer, too. Would you believe I don't own one single pair of tennis shoes. Is that sad or what? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. ı liked your shose. Can you send me your shose :))) not really :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. When my feet are in pain I can't enjoy anything else. I dread wearing heels of any kind. I do think they are so feminine and flattering. I must confess...love my tennis shoes. Hopefully I make up for it with a great smile because my feet are swaddled in ugly comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete

  12. One of my best buddies recommended this website and I owe it to her. She helped me to find this nice website. I appreciate your nice work. Keep continuing helping others. I will refer this site to other people like my best buddy. Thanks.
    Hug & blesses!
    Click this post to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.