Thursday, January 26, 2012

Of old jars and roses...

An old jar simply embellished with dried roses from the garden stands with the white dishes. It’s pretty enough with or without flowers as a tabletop display… but I can hardly wait to put a lovely display of purple Royal Amethyst roses in this jar.

Thinking of my garden in full bloom makes me happy. During our gloomy cold days I think a lot about my garden. Time spent inside with not much to do give me the option of making plans ahead of time to later accomplish all the things I want to see done in my favorite place. I think of unique garden art ideas and dream with unusual and whimsical decorating touches—a new birdbath amidst the red Knockout roses in that corner; a fun display of birdhouses in an assortment of colors and sizes in that empty space on the west side of the fence; perhaps another mirror on my garden wall. I love mirrors; they're a wonderful addition to your garden and can help add the illusion of more space and more flowers and plants. I also want a new arbor covered in grapevine in the center of the yard across from my kitchen window, where I would put a rustic table and hung an old chandelier.

Dreams dreams… but it’s not just all about dreaming around here. I make my dreams happen too! So, I have already started collecting and gathering some pretty things--things I've found during my treasure hunt through thrift stores, and I have already started embellishing a few jars.

I love old jars and vintage vases. I think that a table needs little more than a beautiful vase...

Right at the turn of the season last summer, I found this lovely vintage vase at a thrift store. I filled it up with the last of my roses and enjoy it for a few days. I can already imagine it filled with freshly cut roses when again everything will be smelling like pollen and dust and roses...

May you have a lovely weekend... and remember: “Life ends when you stop dreaming, hope ends when you stop believing, love ends when you stop caring, friendship ends when you stop sharing... so share this with whom ever you consider a friend.”

See you super soon!

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I know you are missing your garden right now. Hold on spring will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, very pretty post Cielo. I keep going back to have another look.
    xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vase with the roses in it.You are surrounded by beauty even in the winter but before you know it you will be out in your beautiful garden again.
    I am hoping our garden is surviving this freeze thaw winter we are having.Right now we have very little snow for protection.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Cielo ,
    I enjoy with my eyes and ears, which is wonderful.
    I'd like to know who's singing on your blog, think this is so beautiful!!
    Thank you for the trouble, I am glad to have found this blog.
    With warm greetings from the Netherlands,
    silvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cielo, these are all so pretty! I like to take these winter months to plan and get ideas for my spring garden, too. I just curl up with my magazines and think of all the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear Cielo, Lovely post - your jars are beautiful - and beautifully displayed. You don't know how you've encouraged my heart - with the last quote...I don't want to stop dreaming, hoping, caring...and sharing...thank you for being a blessing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty a pretty pitcher.Love those roses.I am missing mine too.I am waiting for spring.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I love old jars, old vases, dried roses.

    I look through my gardening books, magazines, and catalogs over and over. Spring will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo pretty Cielo, I love jars and of course roses are my favorite.
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLA CIELITO AQUI ESTOY VISITANDOTE,COMO SIEMPRE TODO TAN INVITADOR EN TU CASITA NO TE ABIS VISITADO PUES TU SAVES EN VECES TENEMOS QUE TENER UN RETIRO ESPIRITUAL ,PERO ALL VISITARTE ME LLNO DE ALEGRIA POR DENTRO DE MI ALMA QUISIERA PODER ESTAR CONTIGO COMPARTIENDO UN CAFECITO Y HABLANDO DE NUESTROS SUENOS ,TE E EXTRANADO QUERIDA AMIGUA YA TODO PASARA ESTE DIA ISE MI PRIMER PRIMER POST DE EL ANO ,ESPERO PODER HACER MUCHOS MAS Y SEGUIR COMPARTIENDO CONTIGO,QUE PASES UN FELIZ SABADO,CARINOS..SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dreaming many garden dreams myself! It is that time of year, after all. Time to get the seed catalogs out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cielo
    Just LOVE your Photos,,,,,,
    I hope everything is ok.....and soooon it is spring....
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pretty roses and old jars, especially the old antique vase. It's nice to use the dried roses, especially when there's no fresh ones to cut now! Your saying at the end is so true!
    Dream, hope, love, and share-powerful truths for a heppy life!
    Be blessed! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty, pretty! Love roses and the old jars you have displayed!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to dream of summer as well. Beautiful roses blooming, lavender smells wafting across the yard....mmmmmmmm. Your post is gorgeous and really brings my heart back to the garden!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect combinations.
    Blessings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonita frase que has puesto al final del post.Un beso!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.