Friday, December 2, 2011

Dusk

Last evening before closing in for the day, I peeked outside my window to bid the day farewell as I always do. What I saw made me gasped… I grabbed my shawl and camera and run outside in a hurry.

The sun was low upon the horizon, a balmy air seeped through my hair as it murmured silent prayers, and the garden breathing solitude so pleasing seemed shrouded in mystery and boundless beautiful light.

Light coming down through big pinkish-blue clouds flickered and twinkled and gleamed among branches and shrubbery like little tiny fallen stars. Enchantment and magic swirled all around me; I could see it and feel it in my skin. The whole panorama made me feel as if someone bigger that the garden; and bigger than the world itself was standing upon the world spreading out some sorts of a silvery-silken veil of light with peacefulness and sultriness and slumber upon the earth and upon my garden. So strong was the magic.

Trees whispered and swayed in the mellow breezes of early winter; as if enchanted too. The garden must have been possessed—possessed under the spell of dusk; casting wispy lights and words written in every leaf and upon the wind, making shadows and light which ultimately shattered and gave way to another night.

Do you find dusk this captivating; so enchanting that your whole being pulls you out from whatever you are doing or wherever you are just so you can be part of it?

Each evening before I close my doors to another day I go out to the garden to bit my farewells to the fading day. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again… thus; I do that every day. It’s like a ritual; a celebration that I find most enchanting. I call it “the ceremony of enchantment”.

It is the enchanted hour of the day, and I love catching its magic; memorizing it, feeling it. Late sun... like the finale in a fireworks show. It dazzles and delights and gives the garden a certain magical glow.

May the wonderful magical swirls of dusk dance around you.

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I adore sun rise & sunsets. We recently had a sunset so similar to this Cielo ... & I had left my camera at home. Sniff, boo-hoo! You magnificently captured God's beautiful closing for the day.

    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow never have I seen such a beautiful sunset and God's work as this one here.
    Absolutely breath taking and I am glad you were there to enjoy the peace and wonder that you had to have felt.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this special time of the day. I always try to make it out to enjoy every little moment. It doesn't last very long, but that's why it's magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am very much a sunset girl. These shots make me smile, shut my eyes, and feel the magical energy. Thank you for capturing the light so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful, love seeing God painting on his canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write so beautifully,discrbing what you saw and felt made me shiver,it is so beautiful. The sight you saw from your garden was surely magical. Thank you for sharing xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post...thank you...:)..Have a wonderful weekend xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  8. sun rise and sun set are so lovely yours is amazing. I am usually at work for sun set now but watch the sun rise most days.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow is'nt that the most beautiful sun set. I love that you say farewell to the day, love that!
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ¡Me encanta ese color de cielo! Tus fotos son preciosas.
    Aquí en Asturias, los días de otoño que no llueve suelen anochecer así.
    Me gusta mucho el sol y el verano, pero el otoño asturiano tiene una luz especial.
    Me gustaría que pudieras verla, creo que vivo en uno de los lugares más bonitos del mundo.
    Un abrazo muy grande y todo mi cariño desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cielo
    What a Lovely Post.....
    here in Sweden it is still really warm and the Roses are flowering :)
    Amazing,,,,,,
    and do not miss,,,

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Cielo....I love your thoughts here. For me the day is not really complete unless I greet it as the sunrises and when it sets.....then I say a prayer of thanks for God's wonderful artwork! Love and blessings...Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking sunset. Exceptional photos. They certainly give one pause to reflect on the beauty that can be found in each day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, and magical the way you put it into words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning sunset, and your photos are exquisite! Thanks for sharing that gorgeous and "enchanting" moment! (And yes, I'm enthralled by sunsets, too!) Bess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos as always Cielo and yes I love the "gloaming" time of the day! I love to stand on my deck and listen to the evening wind and watch the sun slowly bid adieu to another lovely day!
    We have had so many glorious days lately in this area and I marvel at the gifts we have been given by Mother Nature.
    Have a wonderful enchanted Sunday!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. We saw a beautiful sunset like that in Michigan, too, Cielo! Just gorgeous! A wonderful way to end a pretty darn nice November! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Una volta ho sognato un bellissimo tramonto, di quelli infuocati.
    ERA IL SORRISO DI DIO PER TUTTI NOI.
    Dentro al mio cuore sentivo che Dio ci sorrideva, dico al plurale perchè eravamo in tanti lì a guardare, ad accogliere il suo sorriso e io lo ricambiai con un sorriso. Spero sia vero, era alla conclusione di un sogno in cui io volevo incontrare Dio, alla fine mi fu detto che Dio è dove ci sono i sofferenti e i disperati. Antonia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.