Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This and that...

Last night at midnight, I was up reading a book when suddenly I heard a strange rustling noise outside my window. I closed the book and waited very quietly; attentively to every noise outside the window, but all the sounds were the usual sounds and every shadow the usual shadow. Not too long after that the same noise again; I was sure I heard footsteps outside my window this time. Quietly, I peeked outside and what I saw made me gasp… A silhouette walking away from the window!! Ah yes, I’m sure someone was there… and I’m almost certain who was it too!

Is the Candy Witch coming to your house this year? Have you seen her wandering around in your neighborhood already? Oh, I hope you get all your Halloween candies soon! Witches are already desperate for sweets I can tell! Ah yes, we best be secretly on the lookout for witches, even as we pretend not to believe in them! ;)

The nights are getting really cool around here. I hadn't realized how cool until we decided to sleep in our favorite guess room on the second floor last night and almost froze to death… so I’ve been fluffing up the nest before the long winter with new covers and beddings.

I must say. My bed feels soft and floppy. The colors are very fresh and I love the cottage feel to it; it’s like sleeping in a patch of vintage roses in a charming English country garden. I don't much like muddy, earthy colors for my beddings. I like different shades of pale pink together. There are so many shades of pink, and they all look beautiful together, to me.

Twilight is coming earlier to the back yard these days...
It's very obvious. Fall is in the air.
Sometimes, when stars are twinkling and a new moon shines, there come times when folks are taken to another world by enchanted creatures... Ah yes, I’m certain of this because last night as I was getting ready to put on my nighties and go to bed, the strangest of things happened... I heard a whisper; the sound of little feet scurrying around... I saw the dimmed cerulean light of little wings in flight, and decided to follow it...

Oh but wait! Would you like to hear more? I don't have time to finish the story tonight, but if you'd like to read more, you can check out my e-book, Hollow Woods by clicking on the image below! For those of you who have already bought the book, you're welcome to download the new version now available… as I'm continuously adding new stories to it!

May the wonderful magical swirls of fall dance around you.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post,we didn't have witches last night,but the earth certainly shook because everyone has been telling me today we had an eartquake last night. I slept through it though,so have to watch the news tonight to find out more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect post for this time of year.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cielo, what a great post! So whimsical and fun!! Love the fall images!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Octomber is my favorite month.. Love your post. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how somtimes your photos show only a glimpse of what is actually out of frame. Like the splite photo of the wicker chair. I love the effect and how it stimulates the mind to imagine what else is in the room. Your bed looks dreamy.

    As far as the candy witch, she left me some orange white & brown candy corn yersterday!
    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. It may not be witches but rustling of leaves in the breeze. CIELO, your bed colors are so nice and combination is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilly winds have been sweeping even here in Central Georgia! I love to hear sound of wind in the trees. I miss our neighbor's Raintree - when the wind blew it sounded like rain! I did run out into our backyard late last night - in my white nightie - I probably looked ghostly with my long blond hair! But, a dog was trying to get at my son's dog - as my daughter was calling her dad and telling me not to go outside - I ran out anyway - stick in hand - hmmm...does that add to the picture :D -- then my husband appeared - saying -there she goes - The Brave One! When critters invade and attack our home - I am the one who will get them...they call me Bunny Foo Foo.
    Well, have I shared too much? Did I make you smile - maybe laugh, as my family does!
    Hope you find great joy in today!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Cieolo!

    Your blog and your photos are magical!!!! I realize I have missed it and blogging a lot - so now I´m back!!! And this time I´ll try to write in English too...

    Lots of love - Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cielo, I always enjoy my visit to your blog so much!
    Your magical imagination is contagious and I love it!
    Love the pink roses bedding it is exactly the luscious look I like to flop down in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos! Congradulations for your blog! I've just discover it. I loved all your posts

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.