Sunday, July 24, 2011

Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Welcome back to another Show Off Your Cottage Monday in the merry month of July dear blogging friends and readers! It's high time for a cottage update here at the house in the roses I think. As you can see from my last few posts, I’ve been practically living day and night in the garden and have somewhat forgotten the inside of my house... so yes, it is time for some house love around here me thinks, and I'm so glad you decided to come by!
The House in the Roses

As we planned last week, this week is a Master Bedroom week, and thus that’s what we’re celebrating today! Wanna come inside with me? OK then!

We gave our master bedroom a little spring lift this year. We did two things... got a new comforter and pillows from the Simply Shabby Chic line at Target and added some new floral bed linen to soften up the whites… I love the happy combination of greens and blues and bright reds of the sheets; especially as everything else is white…
Love this window in every season
Little treasures from the garden
I love to see photographs of beautifully constructed “crumply rumply” beds. Do you like them too? The Rachel Ashwell’s types are my favorite. I love the abundant layers of linen beautifully rumpled and mushed, but for some inexplicably strange reason I would not allow that in my house ;) Yeap, an unmade bed gives me the creeps. Yes yes yes... I know! Weird me! ;) So I would never ever... ever, leave my bed or any other bed in my house for that matter unmade; not even for the purpose of attaining that homey feeling you want to see on a cold rainy day... ;) Ensuring every crinkle is smooth is like ensuring all my thoughts are in the proper place. ;) Must be a brainy thing I guess... The art is the same… The furniture is the same. But yet, those two simple changes offer a nice little pick me up.
The reading corner...
Placing a lamp in front of a mirror doubles the effect. Bunches of flowers also look twice as lovely when reflected....
Soaring temperatures and sunny skies around here; today the day began like a dream and is filled with the promise of wonderful things … on my kitchen table, some lovely dried roses I will be showing you soon… lovely pinks and the purest of whites… I like my roses dried just as much as like them fresh, and have a hard time tossing a perfect bouquet when they start to wither. So much to celebrate! What are you celebrating today?

Rules: Link your post, not the main page of your blog. Please include a link to the party or the party's button in your post. Celebrate life and see how others celebrate theirs by visiting!

40 comments:

  1. Hi Most Beautiful Cielo. Your bedroom is so pretty! I love your pretty new bedding and those lovely flowers! Love every touch in your bedroom. Thanks for hosting!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cielo, your decor is so elegant, chic & inviting ... I could stay in them forev

    Have a great week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon
    er.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedroom is sooo pretty. It looks like a wonderful place to take a long summer nap! I like loft bedding, but made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cielo, your bedroom is lovely. The bedding is so cheerful and pretty and I love, love the flowers. Just darling!!

    Thanks so much for hosting.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cielo,
    I love your bedroom, so pretty. You just want to curl up with a ggod book and smell the scent of the roses.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cielo,
    Lovely bedding - we do have the same taste! I feel the same way - the first thing I do when I get up is to turn around and make the bed - Love everything in its place! You've done a marvelous job bringing the feel of your garden into your bedroom!
    Hope you have a blessed day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely room and pictures. Everything is so pretty!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! Another feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bedroom is soo lovely! I forgot it was master bedrooms. I hope thats oaky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CIELITO YOUR BEDROOM IS SO BEAUTIFUL I LOVE THE COVERS,AND ALL THE DARLING TOUCHES.ROMANTIC LIKE ALWAY'S YOUR PAINTED CHAIR IS BEAUTIFUL TO ,AND THE ROSES I CAN SMELL THEM...A BIG HUG SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is so soothing and peaceful! LOVE the roses here and there...so romantic. Thanks so much for hosting!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I don't know which is more beautiful, the roses in the vases, or the roses on your bedding....*sigggghhhhhh!!! So yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olá! Cada detalhe de seu quarto é um encanto,ornada por belíssimas rosas deve traze para você muita alegria. Uma boa semana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always Cielo everything is gorgeous. What loveliness you share with all of us. Thank you so much. I sure wish I could take photos as good as you do. Oh well, I am slowly learning from your gorgeous blog. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola dearest Cielo! I love how you've transformed your bedroom into a wonderful garden bed of roses. Simply chic...simply amazing! Thanks for hosting another great week of SOYCM.
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very delightful! I love bedding, and pillows. Oh, I can never have enough pillows. I get ya girl, I can not leave a bed unmade either. Make it soon after I rise in the morning. Just helps me to start the day out right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cielo,
    Absolutely Beautiful! so cool and refreshing.You bedroom is truly a place of peace and rest.
    I linked up with you today. Thank you for hosting such a fun party.

    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just discovered your blog and Im under a spell. So charming, so romantic so pretty, unreal and dreamy. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cielo! This is a positive beginning of the day for me: I've discovered your fantastic blog, became your new follower, admired your pretty bedroom and joyned for the first time in my life a link party!!
    I'm very glad I've discovered you!
    Have a nice day
    hugs
    paola

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so pretty!! I always love stopping by your blog, it encourages and inspires me!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful. Your bedroom makes me want to grab a cup of tea and curl up with a good book and never leave the room! Love the sheets...Target? Who knew!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those sheets. So dreamy. ;) And I couldn't agree more about always having the beds perfectly made.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your rooms are always so lovely with lace and fresh flowers. Your new bedding is wonderful! There's nothing like a freshly made bed with new linen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The bedroom looks lovely...so soft and pretty. I love the pastel colors you used. Very romantic.

    I can't stand an unmade bed either.(-: Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful, Cielo. I love your bedroom and your bed linens.

    It made me smile when you said about an unmade bed ~ I'm exactly the same way. No wrinkles, must be perfect (otherwise I can't go on with my day!)

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cielo, como estas? que maravilla de fotos! un encanto verlas.
    estoy participando humildemente, pero los lunes me es complicado. tu blog tu arte sigue maravilloso e inspirador me otorga aroma de verano en el invierno del sur.

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  28. Complimenti, il tuo blog è meraviglioso!!!!!!! Baci,Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your new bedding, just lovely.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your room is lovely, so cozy and serene! All your touches are wonderful. Love the new linens. Just enough color.
    Thanks for hosting such a fun party!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty...drinking it all up!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your bed-linen, so very English. And don't get me started on that chair, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Cielo,
    such a beautiful post! I love your new bedding but all your beautiful roses too and all your little touches too. I could enjoy curling up with your nice stash of books too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cielo You're invited to participate in my new party "Step by step on tuesday"
    http://onlycutethingsar.blogspot.com/2011/07/step-by-step-on-tuesday-paso-paso-los.html

    visit me anytime

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hermoso tu dormitorio, Cielo... todo me invita a recostarme allí!!!
    abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's very exiting to find this houseinroses.blogspot.com blog. I don't have much to add to the conversation, but I'm right here with you. Your post said exactly what I have been thinking. Good to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've been searching in yahoo for some items and occasionally found your houseinroses.blogspot.com website. I'm so delighted by your way of thinking and writing. Have you thought about writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm glad that I've found your houseinroses.blogspot.com website. You sure can write and teach and inspire. Keep writing - I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.