Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tablescape Thursday

Shopping for a square tablecloth for my big square diner table is not easy...

I guess I must be one of the few people in the world with a love for square tables, because square tablecloths are hard to find... the only tablecloth my table had seen for the last four years is a shower curtain, wish by the way, I'm very thankful for... also, have you notice how difficult it is to find a round tablecloth longer, or larger than 70”? They just don’t make them longer enough, so it seems. They’d have to be ordered, and they cost a fortune.

I’m so thankful there are thrift stores! I can always find what I need there. Like this pretty (and long enough) square tablecloth I found the other day! My thanks to whoever made it so that one day it would sprinkle my table with color and charm!



By the way, did you notice my new Rosanna set of 4 spring dessert plates? Lovely, aren't they! Even the sweet little box where they came in, is just too pretty! Now I want another set so that every sit in my big square table would have a pretty dessert plate on it.. oh, I'm starting to feel so annoyed by Ms. Spring. She is way too slow for my taste, you know! Always late arriving here. Do you feel the same way? I can hardly wait for spring to arrive so I can set up my first spring table outside!


In the mean time, while we wait for spring to arrive, we can always visit Susan, at Between naps on the porch for more lovely tables. Have fun embellishing yours!

20 comments:

  1. I love that tablecloth. Your dishes are very pretty, too. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cielo...I feel the exact same way...hurry up spring! Your dessert plates are beautiful...and I love the silver against the soft colors of the plates. So glad you found that darling tablecloth...it's perfect with your pretty plates! Now I want to go thrifting this weekend. :-)
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cielo, this is all just lovely my friend..and I know what you mean about finding a cloth biggest enough...Love you china...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty dessert plates! The tablecloth is great! What a find! I'm always looking for vintage tablecloths also; our big rectangular dining room table is 72" long, and you're right...they are hard to find! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the mixture of colors of plates and wow they are intreging, love the way they are all mixed, I do have to say I have this urge to get the silver cleaner out and clean the silver, I know some like it like it tarnished, it's just an urge to shine it lol...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautifully laid table. I love all of your pretty treasures.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand about the tablecloth. It is hard to find a pretty large one and not pay a hefty price.

    Your table looks beautiful.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about that table is beautiful, including the table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely table sets and tablecloth. I also have a square table but as many of my cloths are made from material I have found over the years it is even more satisfying making them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonjour, felicitations pour ton Blog. Il est superbe. J'adore les couleurs pastel. Ton Blog fait parti de mes favoris.
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cielo,
    I love your table ... the dishes are great, love the colors and the designs. Your table is so happy and lucky you to find such a pretty cloth.
    You have inspired me to make a fairy walk in my yard for when my grand-daughters come over. It is still in my imagination but I can't wait to start it as soon as our rain goes away. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these colors of the plates, the cloth the flowers, it's all just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so pretty. Love the colors and just makes me smile to look at it. Love the jelly glass!
    Lona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cielo, tu mesa esta preciosa y tu mantel tambien

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in L O V E with those plates. So pretty. Thanks for sharing them with me today.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, cielo -- your tablecloth & dishes are so lovely. you are very gifted at making guests feel welcome! thanks for sharing your pretty, pretty tablesetting (your photos are great, too!). am going to grab your button for my blog. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear friend Cielo!-)*

    You table is an ''Tuch of spring'',SO lovely photos with a beautiful style!

    Many love and hugs,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes a square tablecloth is really hard, but you found a beauty. I absolutely love the wonderful mix of dishes and colors. This is so unique and just stunning. What a fabulous idea. Everything is just beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cielo, I love big square tables too but have a round inherited table that you'll love if I ever show it. I meant to tell you earlier this week how much I love your dishes. Spring is teasing us, is she not.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The "tablecloth" is perfect! Your dishes are so pretty too, I would love to find some like them. Lovely photos once again.
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.